PDA

View Full Version : why we carry

knkali
12-10-2014, 10:29 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jessica-chambers-19-year-old-woman-doused-with-lighter-fluid-and-burned-alive-in-the-us/ar-BBgBgna?ocid=mailsignout

JohnR
12-10-2014, 01:32 PM
That's just sick. Whoever did that needs to be napalmed.

leftysixty
12-10-2014, 02:38 PM
There is not suitable punishment for someone that would do such a thing. The doer needs to be removed from the gene pool!!!!!

Bawanna
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM
I truly wish I was there for her at the beginning of this just passing by. The person responsible deserves everything I'm wishing I could do to him/her. And you can bet I would have taken my chances with a jury in doing it for real.

My condolences to her family and friends.

AJBert
12-10-2014, 10:25 PM
One nice thing about Mississippi is backwoods justice is still alive. If a local/family member finds the perp(s) before the law does, justice will be served. If the same local/family member ends up being prosecuted there is no jury that will convict.

And I'm pretty sure the perp will end up suffering much worse than this young lady did, at least that is what I would do.

My prayers are sent out to her family and friends.

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 12:03 AM
I truly wish I was there for her at the beginning of this just passing by. The person responsible deserves everything I'm wishing I could do to him/her. And you can bet I would have taken my chances with a jury in doing it for real.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Exactly this ^^^^

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Every honest female should be given a free handgun, free training class, and warned about the threats they face. Way too many nice girls are naive about the predators out there that would do them harm and end up victims. I ask myself if our efforts to protect and shield our young lady folk can at times provide them with a false sense of security. Even if we warn them sometimes they dont grasp it.

89grand
12-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Those young women are some of the biggest supporters of taking away our rights to defend ourselves. The only ones that may learn are those lucky enough to survive. Most don't though.

Sad, but it is what it is.

I have my own issues to worry about, and they trump naive liberals issues.

JohnR
12-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Every honest female should be given a free handgun, free training class, and warned about the threats they face. Way too many nice girls are naive about the predators out there that would do them harm and end up victims. I ask myself if our efforts to protect and shield our young lady folk can at times provide them with a false sense of security. Even if we warn them sometimes they dont grasp it.
Every good father already does this for their daughters. Whenever I mention this sort of thing to my 13 year old she says I'm so negative. I tell her that's my job. I did get her to shoot a bb gun and do some archery, maybe she'll move up one day.

Armybrat
12-11-2014, 09:28 AM
My granddaughter (age 22, attends Texas Tech University) knows well what kind of scumbag predators are out there. When she was a freshman in high school, her mother (who had been divorced from my son for almost 10 years) was brutally attacked and almost beaten to death by a sadistic rapist, then left for dead. She needed emergency brain surgery to save her life, but has never fully recovered. She recently was hospitalized due to complications from the metal plate in her head. The woman is fairly functional, but has never been able to hold a job since. She'll be on disability for the rest of her life.

Her mom's horrible experience scared granddaughter deeply, so she does take more precautions than most of the airhead girls her age. She doesn't really want to carry a firearm yet, but I'm working on changing her mind. At least she does carry pepper spray and has a good watchdog one of her boyfriends gave her a couple years ago. Toby isn't a big dog, but he sure can sound like one and is very protective of my granddaughter:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/09315d4fd71db50129686b02dc543f9e3b04871.jpg

BTW - The animal who attacked my ex-DIL was never caught and is still walking around free.

Bawanna
12-11-2014, 09:52 AM
My daughter has no issue carrying a firearm. She'd carry a Desert Eagle 50 AE if she could find a way.

She has one of those Walther 22 autos she likes and was carrying. Not sure if she does anymore.

Maybe I'll give her my little Colt Cobra 38 for Christmas. Nice and light and would work for her several ways, purse ankle, diaper bag, flash bang. I love that gun but maybe it's time to give it up.

Armybrat
12-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Good for her.

My granddaughter has shot handguns & rifles before, so she's no anti-gun nut. I do have a selection of smaller handguns for her to choose from if & when she decides to carry one:
S&W Model 63 - .22 revolver. 4 inch stainless
S&W Model 37 Airweight .38 Special
Ruger LCP .380
KT P32
NAA Guardian .32
Colt Government .380

or my latest Kahr, the CT380.

She is a petite lil thing - 5'1", 90 pounds soaking wet. She won't be totin' any heavy iron.

jocko
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
IMO the best reason is when seconds count, cops are just minutes away.. Just sayin

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Every good father already does this for their daughters. Whenever I mention this sort of thing to my 13 year old she says I'm so negative. I tell her that's my job. I did get her to shoot a bb gun and do some archery, maybe she'll move up one day.

My 18 year old daughter loves guns. Has been my best shooting buddy. Got her permit at 18 which is leagal here but i think she doesnt grasp the threats out there. She has carried a knife since she started HS.

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 07:13 PM
IMO the best reason is when seconds count, cops are just minutes away.. Just sayin

Exactly. Worth quoting, and all spelled correctly too.;)

Bawanna
12-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Must be copy and paste, he never spelled that many words right at once far back as I can remember.

Barth
12-11-2014, 07:28 PM
When asked what he wanted for X-Mas?
My 8 year old grandson Lukas said - guns and ammo.
He was talking about Nurf of course - LOL!
But my daughter replied - he's definitely your grandson.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uDNauxSM8lQ/UFyyvDIy5MI/AAAAAAAABqg/eYqA0v-Qwe4/s1600/rifleman241.jpg

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Cool. Get the boy some nerf. He'll graduate to the bigger stuff later.

Barth
12-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Cool. Get the boy some nerf. He'll graduate to the bigger stuff later.
Four guns, tactical vest and 75 rounds of ammo.
He really likes the vest.
What a surprise - LOL!
http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/tru_prod_images/NERF-N-Strike-Elite-Tactical-Vest--pTRU1-12844811dt.jpg

yqtszhj
12-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Thats awesome. Now when he wears that under his black trench coat like grandpa wears he will be something.

HAP1978
12-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I have two young daughters and when I read something like this happening it just drives home the fact that I'm going to teach my girls to defend themselves as soon as they can grasp the concept. In Utah you can't conceal carry a gun until you're 21 but they'll for sure be carrying whatever else they can until they hit 21.

What a sad deal. I really feel bad for her father.

Rob K
12-11-2014, 10:14 PM
My wife who is from Mississippi and also very handy with her .38 snubby would have given the dirtbags a big surprise if given the opportunity in a situation like that. If she missed, her family would have dealt with this vicious crime in a like fashion.

DeaconKC
12-14-2014, 07:55 PM
I am a Parole Agent who deals with nothing but sex offenders. Tell the ladies you love to learn to protect themselves.

Covert Kahr
12-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I am a Parole Agent who deals with nothing but sex offenders. Tell the ladies you love to learn to protect themselves.

Took my wife and daughter out shooting yesterday. It's something that we will continue to do. I might have to buy a 22 pistol for my wife as she's not a fan of the 9mm. Right now her personal choice for home defense is the shotgun :)

Scarywoody
12-15-2014, 07:11 AM
A Connecticut State Police Trooper pulled over an old 1955 Cadillac for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the car, he noticed a little old lady behind the wheel.
The police officer asked the old lady for her license, registration, and insurance cards; however, when she opened up her pockbook to retrieve those cards, to his surprise he noticed a concealed weapon carry permit.
The trooper took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mrs. Smith, I see you have a concealed weapon permit. Do you have a gun with you?"
Very sweetly and proudly the little old lady replied, " oh, yes officer, I have a Smith & Wesson 38 caliber pistol right here in my bag. Do you wish to see it?" And before he could reply, the old lady opened her handbag under his nose and sure enough, he immediately recognized the distinctive snub barrel of a Smith & Wesson 38.
Kind of taken aback, as a matter of formality he cautiously asked her, "do you have any other guns with you?"
To which the old lady boasted, " I also have a 357 magnum in my glove compartment", opening its cover and revealing its huge barrel.
The officer, flabbergasted, found himself then asking before any further thought on his part, but not really expecting anything more: "anything else?"
To which she replied, "why, yes, I also have a 44 magnum in my console, and a Mossberg 500 12 gauge shootgun in the trunk."
As you can imagine, at this point the police officer was at a total loss as to why an old lady would have in her possession such an arsenal of weapons, so thinking she was a bit crazy, he bent over, looked her in the eyes, and asked, "Lady, may I ask you what you are afraid of?"
To which the old lady locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a damn thing!"

(Old story, contemporary message.)

knkali
12-15-2014, 08:56 PM
A Connecticut State Police Trooper pulled over an old 1955 Cadillac for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the car, he noticed a little old lady behind the wheel.
The police officer asked the old lady for her license, registration, and insurance cards; however, when she opened up her pockbook to retrieve those cards, to his surprise he noticed a concealed weapon carry permit.
The trooper took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mrs. Smith, I see you have a concealed weapon permit. Do you have a gun with you?"
Very sweetly and proudly the little old lady replied, " oh, yes officer, I have a Smith & Wesson 38 caliber pistol right here in my bag. Do you wish to see it?" And before he could reply, the old lady opened her handbag under his nose and sure enough, he immediately recognized the distinctive snub barrel of a Smith & Wesson 38.
Kind of taken aback, as a matter of formality he cautiously asked her, "do you have any other guns with you?"
To which the old lady boasted, " I also have a 357 magnum in my glove compartment", opening its cover and revealing its huge barrel.
The officer, flabbergasted, found himself then asking before any further thought on his part, but not really expecting anything more: "anything else?"
To which she replied, "why, yes, I also have a 44 magnum in my console, and a Mossberg 500 12 gauge shootgun in the trunk."
As you can imagine, at this point the police officer was at a total loss as to why an old lady would have in her possession such an arsenal of weapons, so thinking she was a bit crazy, he bent over, looked her in the eyes, and asked, "Lady, may I ask you what you are afraid of?"
To which the old lady locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a damn thing!"

(Old story, contemporary message.)

never heard it...great one.