PDA

View Full Version : K9 & MK9 dimensions

jorville82
06-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm new to this forum and getting ready to buy my first Kahr. Dad's got a CW9 that is ok in appearance (just my opinion) but flawless in functionality. I'm amazed at tightness of fit and smooth operation.

All that said, I'm interested in a K9 or MK9, which are simply stunning in appearance and i'm sure share the same excellent fit as the polymer model I've been able to handle. Since I haven't been able to find the K models on the shelves anywhere, I had a couple of questions on dimensions.

1) What is the grip width of the K & MK series? I'm guessing they're the same on both models.

2) Does anyone have the wood grips available from Kahr Shop? Do they add any thickness to the grip over the original factory grip?

3) What is the length from they underside of the trigger guard to the mag well? AKA how much room do you have for your hand without any kind of magazine grip extension? I have small hands and if I could get all three fingers on the MK9 then I'd probably go that route for extra concealability.

I wish they would include these dimensions on the spec sheets on their website, but you can't have everything. Thanks everyone for your help!

Internet Blohard
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I have both.

If you want to PM me, I can get measure the thickness of the grip in a day or two unless someone else has them handy right now. I am pretty sure that they are the same. If there is a difference it is not significant.

Yes, the wood grips add a bit of thickness over the stock Hogue factory rubber grips that come with both the MK and the K. My hands are small and slim and I don't find the "extra" thickness to be a problem. I can go either way, but I prefer the classy looks of the wood. I have wood on my MK and the stock rubber on my K.

No, without a longer magazine (7 rd) or a Pearce mag extension (on a 6 rd), your pinky will not wrap around the grip of the MK. With the K, it will. I don't have a problem shooting the 6 rounders, but it does take some getting used to.

You might consider handling both at your local shop if you can find one that has both in stock. I never could decide which one I liked the best....