PDA

View Full Version : Minor CM9 Glitch

deadeye
12-21-2014, 03:59 PM
At 2500 rounds my CM9 started ejecting brass back at my face. At 2000 rounds I got a few FTE's and replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff. Solved the problem. Could a weak extractor spring be causing this problem? As I am still new to semi autos I though one of you gurus could help me with this one. Thank you.

muggsy
12-21-2014, 05:05 PM
It wouldn't hurt to replace the extractor spring, but it might not help. What does the end of the ejector look like? Have you ever thoroughly cleaned the chamber?

deadeye
12-21-2014, 05:54 PM
I thoroughly cleaned it before shooting it the 1st time and once again at 1000 rounds. It was clean both times. I'll take it apart again tomorrow and check to see if some dirt could have gotten into it and check the condition of the ejector. Thanks Muggsy.

HeyGuysWatchThis
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Just to clarify, it sounds like you said that replacing the recoil spring made it go away. Sounds like you solved the problem already, unless I misunderstand?

deadeye
12-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Just to clarify, it sounds like you said that replacing the recoil spring made it go away. Sounds like you solved the problem already, unless I misunderstand?

Sorry I wasn't more clear. At 2000 rounds I got a few FTE's and the new recoil spring fixed that. I expected it so had a new spring on hand. No problem. This problem was that it was ejecting casings into my face. Hard enough to leave a mark. I'm ugly to begin with so it didn't need that!! Wondering if a new ejector spring was the problem. However I think I found the problem this morning. Cleaned the slide ass'y and found the ejector and rod were a little gummed up. Too much oil. My bad. It's cold and raining today so hope to get it out and try it tomorrow.

deadeye
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Problem solved! Back to 100%. I learned 2 things for sure. No. 1: Always wear safety glasses when shooting. I was. No. 2: Don't over oil your Kahr. Now that I've had a glitch after 2 years and nearly 3000 rounds of shooting, does this mean I qualify to whine and grip about my CM9. And, no Muggsy I am not going to send it in.

yqtszhj
12-23-2014, 04:41 PM
You can whine all you want as long as you come back and admit you were wrong later. I found out that is how it works after i got married (im the one always wrong by the way).

deadeye
12-23-2014, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: