PDA

View Full Version : new Cm9 extractor loaded chamber indicator doesn't work

Raincat
12-30-2014, 05:36 PM
My extractor remains flush against the slide regardless of whether or not the chamber is loaded. While I have no intention of relying on the look and feel of an extractor that is slightly protruding when loaded, I'm concerned that I may need to send the pistol back to Kahr if it isn't working as designed. This is my first post as I'm a new member and i'll appreciate any comments that you may have. Thanks.

Ikeo74
12-30-2014, 06:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with a pistol that the extractor barely appears to show a loaded cartridge. Minor shapes of extractors can make the extractor protrude more or less than other extractors. If it extracts all the fired cases from the gun there is nothing wrong. The extractor is hardly noticeable when loaded anyway, this is normal. Only if it doesn't extract the fired cases would you need to contact Kahr for possible repair. Go shoot and enjoy the gun.

Bawanna
12-30-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree. Been so long since I looked do they even advertise it as a loaded chamber indicator. I've never looked at mine to see if it sticks out or not.

If it ejects, your golden. Now I'm curious gonna have to look at mine and see if it sticks out when loaded.

Glad you found us.

Raincat
12-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes. the owner's manual describes the extractor protruding when loaded as well as several on-line gun reviews. My extractor doesn't change position at all when loaded. My gun is new and my son has a PM9 with an extractor that clearly protrudes when the chamber is loaded. I had also wondered if the CM 9 protractor was designed differently even though it is described in the CM owners manual. Thanks for the reply.

Pointblank
12-31-2014, 03:23 AM
I own both and the indicator definitely protrudes more on the PM9.

muggsy
12-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Keep your gun fully loaded with one in the chamber anytime it's out of the safe and you won't have to worry if it's loaded or not. It's how these guns were designed to be carried. In my opinion, loaded chamber indicators and press checks are for idiots.

Alfonse
12-31-2014, 10:03 AM
The one on my PM9 always looks the same and has for 5 years or so.

Giortire
12-31-2014, 07:01 PM
I agree with Muggsy. Out of curiosity I checked my CM9 and the extractor does protrude a bit when the chamber is loaded. Definitely noticeable.

Akoustic
01-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Wow. Learn something new everyday. Going on year 3 with my CM9 and never knew about the loaded indicator. My CM9 is always loaded except for cleaning.

sas PM9
01-04-2015, 09:37 AM
I just compared my PM9 and CM9 side to side and the extractor appears to bump out an identical amount on them both with a cartridge in the chamber.
So if you know what you're looking for they work as a loaded chamber indicator.

-steve