PDA

View Full Version : Shocking behavior of cops, caught on film.

TheTman
01-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Hard to believe this type of stuff goes on. But the video doesn't lie.

http://www.metaspoon.com/officer-traffic-stop-christmas-surprise/?fb=248n1d5599a0

SIGWolf
01-01-2015, 06:00 AM
There are a number of other municipalities that have similar stories. Police Officers come across a great deal of human suffering and misery. It's good to see how they help alleviate it. This article mentions the Lowell, MI traffic stops.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/kind-hearted-cop-helps-struggling-family-14216.shtml

Bawanna
01-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Shocking I tell ya, just shocking!

This year our department implemented a Shop with a Cop program. I didn't even hear about it till it was done but they took like 25 or 30 kids, several officers and the deputy chief too. Took them to the store, gave them a budget and they could buy anything they wanted for themselves, or friends or family or whatever.
I guess it went really well.

It's also of worthy note that a department can't fund that kind of program, it's public funds, so it had to be an officers association or just officers chipping in their own money to pay for all that stuff. Not like they are spending tax payer money.

Very cool.

We had a Sgt a month or so ago made me proud too. Called to a shoplift, woman stole 5 eggs to feed her family, actually saw a similar story on the internet. He bought her a dozen and filled a shopping cart with other food stuffs for the family and whipped out his own wallet to pay for it.

There's a lot of good ones out there.

Longitude Zero
01-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Shocking I tell ya, just shocking!

There's a lot of good ones out there.

The good outnumber the bad 99% to 1%

josp
01-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Far many more good guys and stories than bad ones, but the bad ones get all the coverage. Human nature I suppose.

Longitude Zero
01-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Far many more good guys and stories than bad ones, but the bad ones get all the coverage. Human nature I suppose.

True. For the media good news is a looser. If it bleeds it leads. Bad news sells advertising.

TheTman
01-01-2015, 01:45 PM
It's good to see things like that. That should be a lead story on MSM, but not a peep. Sorry if I tricked some of you.

muggsy
01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
In Cleveland when yer pulled over and a cop asks for yer license it better be wrapped in a 100 dollar bill. (Just kidding) :) Great story, Tom.