PDA

View Full Version : DEAL ALERT! PM9 with crimson trace $490

zamboni
01-01-2015, 10:13 PM
https://www.firearmsforsale.com/product/0602686068031/a/0

This must be a mistake, but I wish I had the cash to order one and find out.

robmac
01-01-2015, 11:07 PM
You would think that's a mistake. It really makes you wonder, no? I don't really need it, I actually wanted the MK9, but I guess at that price I could resell it later pretty easily and not get hurt on the deal....think I may go do it. Thanks

Ikeo74
01-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Use Caution, That (MAY BE) a used gun, and the picture provided has no removable grips and a square nose. I would make sure you get what they are saying and not what they are showing. It might be the old style before the CM9 or maybe the picture is WRONG??????? They are using a picture disclaimer.

robmac
01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Maybe a good thing, but it was too late last night to order it. I am skeptical. If it sounds to good to be true... They have the part numbers right, no clue why they list the dimension as such, thise make ni sense even in metric. As for the post above, I was not aware a PM9 ever had/has removable grips. I guess I'll give them a call and be sure they're not used.

Scarywoody
01-02-2015, 09:13 AM
At that price I would expect a CM9. All the specifications read PM9. If you look at the related products, they have a PM9 with no laser for $562.

In looking at some of their other pistol prices they run $50-60 more than a Bud's or PSA.

89grand
01-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I recently purchased a CM9 with a Lasermax for $360, so the price could be legit, but it does seem pretty low.

zamboni
01-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Well, it was eating away at me so I ordered one. If it isn't a mistake and they don't cancel the order I just won't accept the transfer and send it back if it isn't NIB. I will update if/when I receive the gun.

Scarywoody
01-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to see what you get, if anything. I don't think they are used as they indicate more than 10 available. If it is a pricing error and they do honor the price for you that is the earmark of a customer centered business. Let us know how it goes. If it all works out, I'll definitely buy in.

robmac
01-02-2015, 11:06 PM
They didn't answer the phone when I called mid-day, so I gave up. Hope it works out great for you, I'm sure it will, will be checking back. Maybe they just weren't moving and they wanted the inventory $ off the books. But damn, the laser alone is a buck fifty minimum.

Scarywoody
01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
I just got an email from firearmsforsale.com verifying that indeed the pricing is correct.

Yes sir it is, they're just on close out with that supplier.

--
Trevor Hummer
support@firearmsforsale.com

Awgd8
01-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Hi Guys! I am new here. I just happened to searched this forum. So I did order one a few minutes ago.

Thanks a lot to OP!

zamboni
01-05-2015, 10:00 PM
I just got an email from firearmsforsale.com verifying that indeed the pricing is correct.

Thats good to hear. Mine is still waiting on my ffl before it ships. 8 left in stock as of now.

Scarywoody
01-06-2015, 05:49 AM
Hi Guys! I am new here. I just happened to searched this forum. So I did order one a few minutes ago.

Thanks a lot to OP!

Awgd8, welcome! At that price it's a heck of a deal.

robmac
01-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I got them on the phone too. Still skeptical. Reviews are what they are for any seller of course, but boy are the negative ones consistent with one another. Oddly, their bio's on their own site even talk about how they spend time trying to resolve customer issues! That's a little scary. But I guess I'm gonna pull the trigger anyway. Amongst my exceptional FFL, my credit card company who takes very good care of me, and Kahr (should it be a lemon), guess it's worth a shot.

berettabone
01-06-2015, 10:02 AM
For someone looking for that setup, it IS a heck of a deal.............................................

zamboni
01-06-2015, 04:15 PM
I guess they sold out of that batch. Price says $763 now.

Scarywoody
01-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, good, that takes it off the table. I'll spend the $500 on ammo for my CW and CM9's. At least a couple of us got a good deal.

Awgd8
01-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Awgd8, welcome! At that price it's a heck of a deal.

Thanks! At Gunbroker they want $579.99 out the door for the regular PM9 and $615 out the door with night site.

OK my " order status " says left a message to my FFL.

Awgd8
01-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks! At Gunbroker they want $579.99 out the door for the regular PM9 and $615 out the door with night site.

OK my " order status " says left a message to my FFL.

FFS seem to communicate pretty fast on email, but not through the phone line. No one seems to answer the incoming calls. Trevor just got my FFL info.

CPTKILLER
01-07-2015, 10:00 AM
They apparently fixed the ad.

"Ships from our New York warehouse.
$12.00 Flat Rate ShippingRetail Price:$832.43
Price: $763.19"

Awgd8
01-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Email I sent to Trevor.

wrote:
Trevor, this PM9 with Crimson trace is brand new right? Direct from your old distributor?
I found the deal through Kahr forum. We are discussing that deal there which seems to be to good to be true!

He responded:

New in box, they're on closeout. Yes it is good, but not so good to not be true.

Awgd8
01-13-2015, 07:52 PM
I just went to my FFL to fill out the background check. I did get a chance to hold and check the gun. It is definitely brand new and pretty tight. Laser is still not installed and packed inside the Kahr tupperware box.

when I held it, it seems smaller than the CM40 that I held in the gun store.... I though it was a P380 but saw a 9mm marking in the barrel....

Scarywoody
01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Looks like you got a great deal. Once you get it, start a new thread and take pictures.

Awgd8
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Looks like you got a great deal. Once you get it, start a new thread and take pictures.

Sure! I almost bought a $579.99 PM9 with no laser at Gunbroker, until I accidentally found this forum.
i can't imagine the Crimson trace alone cost almost $200.

Is is a good idea to cerakote the slide black? Only cost $40 shipped.

lanceman193
01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Don't spend money to cerakote the slide. Just shoot it until you're ready to bet your life on it, and enjoy a great firearm !

zamboni
01-14-2015, 08:29 PM
I picked mine up yesterday. All new and shiny. Too good to be true was actually true fore once.

Armybrat
01-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Some guys have all the luck!

But I'm glad a couple KT members grabbed the great deal.

I'm saving my pennies for a new Colt 3rd Generation Single Action Army in .357, but if a new CW9 hot deal pops up somewhere, the Peacemaker wait might go a little longer.

robmac
01-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Ok, since I had been skeptical, figured I better post my outcome. First, big thanks to the OP Zamboni for the heads up. Got it reasonably quickly, even with the order processing, shipping from warehouse, etc. Once it shipped, it was 2 business days.

Picked it up yesterday at my FFL. New in box. Looked like it had been factory fired about as much as my other Kahr (CW9) had been when I got that one new, except the PM9 was VERY wet with lube. Since my only frame of reference was my CW9 - bought locally at a shop and just with light lube - that made me wonder at first, but when I disassembled it, it was only dirty where I'd expect it to be. Maybe my CW9 was the exception, and had sat for a long time? Anyway, nothing really out of the ordinary. VERY tight in all the right places. A few very tiny blemishes, stuff you would never notice unless you were looking real hard, like when cleaning. Some very tiny chips next to the raised area in a couple of the the slide serrations, from machining I'd imagine. A "scuff" of sorts on the breech face, revealed after cleaning (but still uniform in relative smoothness & it cleaned up shiny).

Put 96 rounds of Speer Lawman 115 gr. FMJ through it, and had 4 failures to feed (lodged against feed ramp). Interestingly, 2 of the 4 failures were with the new magazines; 1 each with the 6 & the 7 round magazines. The other 2 were with one specific one of my current magazines, and I have to check, but I think it's one of the ones that gives me problems anyway. Put another 96 rounds of WWB through it, and was pleasantly surprised that there was only 1 issue there, also a fail to feed, but this time, first round. Not sure, but I think something funny might have happened on that one. Maybe I tried to slingshot the slide by mistake, maybe the slide lock slipped when I inserted the magazine, as if I hadn't locked it fully open after a preceding safety check, but I sensed something odd happened on that one, so it might have been me.

None of the jams could be cleared by racking the slide. I admit I didn't tap before pulling back the slide to check the chamber - I was too focused on checking the chamber to see the issue - but I doubt a normal tap would have helped anyway, because they were wedged tight. Had to pull the magazine out each time (with the flush 6 round magazine, that was a real ***** to do!).

I'll put some various JHP's through it soon, but right now, I'm not concerned about the failures to feed. We'll see what happens over time and with the SD ammo. My CW9 had plenty of issues in first 500 rounds (most were my fault), but now it's like butter, even with the WWB. If issues persist, I'll check the threads.

Empty mags need to be manually pulled out after pressing the mag release, but I'm fine with that. I may even prefer it frankly.

Thing shoots great. Sights easily, groups nice. I was shooting much faster than I normally would, the idea being to break it in, and the last 96 rounds were as close to rapid fire as possible without pissing off the RSO. Actually, grouping was much tighter shooting quickly, so for me anyway, it was very easy to recover and align the sights again between shots.

So I guess I have to give props to FFS. I didn't need the laser, maybe I'll put it on. Nearby to me at least, you don't even see a used PM9 with laser for close to the all-in $510 ($20 to FFL) this cost me. Hell, I could sell the laser for only $125 and have my PM9 for $385! Get me some Talon grips to keep that imprint off my palm and I'm good to go!

Nytcrawler93
01-15-2015, 06:59 AM
If the first round dives, slam the bottom of the mag upwards and it will clear immediately most of the time. It has worked for me at least with no exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nytcrawler93
01-15-2015, 07:01 AM
BTW, thanks for the report. I got mine for a Sistema even trade which is why I skipped the C series. If you are patient you can land a P series for dang close to the price and have more mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEARHEAD_ENG
01-15-2015, 06:53 PM
CDNN has the P9 with factory night sights and 3 mags for $499. Doesn't sound like a bad deal if you don't want a CT laser.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/kahr-p9-9mm-stainless-night-sights.html#.VLhtZcko7qA

Awgd8
01-17-2015, 06:48 AM

Here she is!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2rhwjfs.jpg

Awgd8
01-17-2015, 06:49 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/v6ohzs.jpg

Scarywoody
01-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Looks like Christmas happened twice for you! Great deal. Nothing left to do but shoot them hell out of it.

Awgd8
01-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Looks like Christmas happened twice for you! Great deal. Nothing left to do but shoot them hell out of it.

Will do! I find it easier to hand rack the Kahr PM9 than my sold XDs 45. That is the reason I sold my XDs.
Though, Kahr recommends to use a slide release to chamber a round, I still never had a problem chambering it by hand and emptying the whole magazine just to check the feeding for both Magazines.

Again, Thank you to OP (samboni) for starting this thread and to those who participated.

:Amflag2:

Awgd8
01-17-2015, 08:48 AM
I picked mine up yesterday. All new and shiny. Too good to be true was actually true fore once.

Thanks again for this thread.

:)