PDA

View Full Version : Future peace keepers?

predestyned
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
CREEPY!!!!
YouTube - Big Dog - FEMA'S Human Hunting Robot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwHa53cr88&feature=fvw)

kb2wji
07-01-2010, 10:55 AM
That thing is freaky. Awesome, but freaky. Intimidation factor is pretty high. Did you see that show on DARPA? I think it was on Discovery Channel. They come out with some pretty wild stuff.

getsome
07-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Wonder what it would do if you added a quart of golden grain alcohol to the gas tank...:crazy:

Bawanna
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Just on the off chance I see one of these things on my property and feel the need to kill it. How do you tell which end is the head?

Might be a value when they try to go around and collect guns, no sane lawman in my area will come to my house. They'd send that thing. I better get some bigger stuff, better stuff? Bawanna has better stuff!

wyntrout
07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey! I think those 12-gauge slug/armor-piercing thingies would do the trick. A Barrett would be good, too... the semi-auto version with API rounds.

You would want to aim for something besides the heavily armored frontal areas, though. I'm sure the anti-personnel version would be armored.

I sure can't afford a Barrett, though!

Wynn:behindsofa::D

wyntrout
07-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Here's another thought... when you younger guys are queuing up for your "Soylent Green" government handouts, think about me and jocko... that could be our "contribution" to the collective food supply. :eek::puke:

Our over-fished, polluted oceans of plastic puree are well on the way to Soylent Green depictions. :eek:

Enjoy.:yo:

Wynn:D

Bawanna
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Perhaps they will have a soft under belly so perhaps a land mine or some sort of IED could be good. I'll stop at the 7-11 and ask the manager about the IED thing.

getsome
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Just lasso the thing and hog tie it like it was a calf in a rodeo....

wyntrout
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Just lasso the thing and hog tie it like it was a calf in a rodeo....

If it was festooned with self-protection devices and offensive weaponry??:eek:

What if it's autonomous and programmed to protect itself... no "Prime Directive" about preserving human life above all else?? Kind of like, maybe,... a TERMINATOR !! :eek:

Wynn:behindsofa:

getsome
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
You got a point there, In that case I would pull my concealed mini Dillon Aero and make shrapnel out of that 4 legged weed whacker.....:spider:.....:59:

OldLincoln
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Spray it with 3M Brake Cleaner!

getsome
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Brilliant, simply brilliant!!!!...:75:

wyntrout
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
While igniting the spray with a lighter... flame thrower!
:D

wyntrout
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
This might work. I was thinking about something that has range to keep you out of the contraption's reach... physical reach, anyhow.

This Wasp and Hornet Spray reaches out and the "Inert ingredients" seem to be petroleum distillates and very flammable... hmmm. Inert means something different to me... kind of like HARMLESS!! It's "green", too. No CFC's.

With a lighter to ignite the stream, it might look like one of those flame throwers. I never noticed before, you could spray powerlines.... That could come in handy.

kahrseye
07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure what the practical application would be, but it was strange, impressive but strange. I think it would have to be restrained in some manner to stop it. Rope or chain would do it or we could run in to it with Dodge Hemi.

Bawanna
07-01-2010, 04:46 PM
JohnH has one of them dodge hemi's.

Hey John can be borrow your car for some test and eval on lassoin mechanical monsters. We'll be real careful with it and put some gas in when we're done.

We best leave out the running into it with the hemi part, might spoil the deal.

Bawanna
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey some of the dodge trucks got hemi's in em too. Reckon we need a truck? Maybe try JohnH's car first and work up to the truck?

kahrseye
07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey some of the dodge trucks got hemi's in em too. Reckon we need a truck? Maybe try JohnH's car first and work up to the truck?

That's what I was talking about. Maybe a 3/4 ton hemi with a big old brush guard on the front of it.:smash:

rholmes69
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Man, I ignored this thread for a long time, but curiousity killed this cat. And that thing straight creeps me the f out. That guy kicking it in the parking lot, made me feel bad for my dog, must be what it looks like from my neighbor's perspective :D.

wyntrout
07-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Imagine that thing with its payload in armor, sensors, and weapons... and maybe it's homing on gun oil smells and programmed to destroy unauthorized weapons... without regard for collateral damage.:eek:

Or maybe it's programmed with your DNA as a hunter-killer.

Would you still feel sorry for it??

jlottmc
07-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Burn baby burn...