PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Kahr Owner

dadillac
01-07-2015, 10:10 AM
I've been searching for a new pocket pistol for several months after I traded my S&W Bodyguard .380 away(because I HATED IT). I came across a Kahr CW380 at Gander Mountain and really liked it. The trigger is amazing(what I hated the most about the Bodyguard), and it has great sights for a gun its size. But I was out of state, and the $400 price tag Gander had on it put a damper on my excitement.

After some searching I found it for 297 shipped to my FFL from Bud's and placed my order Monday. 5-9 days for processing so hopefully ill receive it next week sometime.

Anyways, I figured I would join the forum and learn what I could before it arrives. I hope I learn as much on this forum as I have on the other brand specific firearm forum I belong to.

berettabone
01-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I did the same thing with a BG but went with the MK.......................good price, good place..........................welcome from the frozen tundra...........................................

Scarywoody
01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Dadillac, welcome! I have a CW9 and a CM9. I would suggest spending some time in the Tech section of the forums. Lots of good information. When you get it, it will be tight. It requires a 200 round break in period. Which loosens the pistol and gives you a chance to learn how to shoot it. I would definitely suggest a good clean even though it will be new. No telling what kind of milling marks might be present. Then shoot, smile, shoot. shoot, smile, repeat.

shlike
01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
I've been searching for a new pocket pistol for several months after I traded my S&W Bodyguard .380 away(because I HATED IT). I came across a Kahr CW380 at Gander Mountain and really liked it. The trigger is amazing(what I hated the most about the Bodyguard), and it has great sights for a gun its size. But I was out of state, and the $400 price tag Gander had on it put a damper on my excitement.

After some searching I found it for 297 shipped to my FFL from Bud's and placed my order Monday. 5-9 days for processing so hopefully ill receive it next week sometime.

Anyways, I figured I would join the forum and learn what I could before it arrives. I hope I learn as much on this forum as I have on the other brand specific firearm forum I belong to.

It is amazing to me that Gander Mountain sells any guns at all given the outrageous prices they charge. I guess the public at large is not familiar with Bud's, Grab-A-Gun, Davidson's, etc. Anyway, good luck with the CW380. I really like mine.