PDA

View Full Version : Popularity of the T9?

Redstate
01-15-2015, 07:23 PM
I was just wondering how many T9's are actually out there. I have never seen one in person. I would sure be interested in seeing and holding one, let alone shooting one. How many of you here on this forum have one, and how do you like it?

Bawanna
01-15-2015, 07:34 PM
I've only seen one myself in person at a gun show. I held it a long time the seller was very sympathetic. I wish I didn't have to put it back down, it felt awesome in the hand.

There's one for sale here or there was in the Kahrs for sale area. I'd like to have one some day.

I think the folks that have them don't often part with them and just don't see many new ones.

ripley16
01-16-2015, 03:42 AM
Based on serial numbers there are few made each year. It's a nice gun but some see it less desirable for carry than the smaller models.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Kahr/KahrT9.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/ripley16/media/Pistols/Kahr/KahrT9.jpg.html)

laserfish
01-16-2015, 09:02 AM
I carry one daily and it is on my side right now. Also have a k9 and they are both great guns. The T is a natural shooter and fits my hand like it was custom made. Bought it new and no, it is not for sale!!:) The looks don't hurt either. Is it a little heavier, yes. Does it bother me, not in the least. A good holster and belt and you never notice. I carry IWB most of the time.
I just love it because it is a natural extension of my hand and have never had a failure in around 800 rounds. Get one and you wont regret it.

Nytcrawler93
01-16-2015, 09:10 AM
I would like to have one for a range\office gun to go with my PM9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b4uqzme
01-16-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm one of those who think smaller Kahrs make more sense for their intended purpose. But options are good.

Redstate
01-16-2015, 06:53 PM
It would be very nice to complete the all steel 9mm collection and add one to my MK9 and K9. I see that they have them at Buds for around $700.00. Maybe one of these days.

Redstate
01-17-2015, 06:38 PM
I guess the number of responses to this thread, or should I say the lack of responses, indirectly answers the question. So far, only 2 that have responded have one. Not too popular on this forum.:(

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-10-2015, 03:09 PM
The T9 is a beautiful gun, and a great shooter
Kahr T9: Initial Impressions: http://youtu.be/SMlabhzA7EE

Full review coming soon.

Redstate
02-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to your full review. Please let us know when it is done.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to your full review. Please let us know when it is done.
Will do

Bill K
02-11-2015, 12:25 AM
The T9 is a beautiful gun, and a great shooter
Kahr T9: Initial Impressions: http://youtu.be/SMlabhzA7EE

Full review coming soon.

Me too! Looking forward to your full review.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Here is the review, as promised!

Kahr T9: The pinnacle of Kahr-ness: http://youtu.be/6-RARNy1ge4

Redstate
03-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks again.

Bill K
03-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the update.

As much as I think I like the gun your review convinced me that it is not for me seeing as I'm only interested in pistols dedicated to CC.

DavidR
03-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Nice review. That T9 is beautiful!

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the update.

As much as I think I like the gun your review convinced me that it is not for me seeing as I'm only interested in pistols dedicated to CC.
It's concealable for sure, but I try to stay 25oz or less for daily carry.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Nice review. That T9 is beautiful!
Thanks! Yeah it is a very nice looking piece.

Bill K
03-15-2015, 05:07 PM
The T9 surely is a nice looking gun but for carry I guess I've been spoiled by my PM9. Since getting my PM9 a bunch of years ago I've sold my Glock 26 and my .380 and .45 only get carried occasionally.

Maybe a T9 with some hot ammo could replace my .45 as a house gun and occasional carry?

Dreams_of_Steel
03-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Nice review! I am looking forward to getting my T9 back from Kahr with the hopes that they fix the issue of the slide not locking back and the finish issues mine has. I noticed yours looks flawless around the business end of the slide and frame whereas mine looks like it got skipped in the finishing process then dropped. Again, thanks for showing us how awesome the T9 is, once the functional issue is worked out of mine it will be my daily CC piece. It is by far the best shooting gun I own.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Nice review! I am looking forward to getting my T9 back from Kahr with the hopes that they fix the issue of the slide not locking back and the finish issues mine has. I noticed yours looks flawless around the business end of the slide and frame whereas mine looks like it got skipped in the finishing process then dropped. Again, thanks for showing us how awesome the T9 is, once the functional issue is worked out of mine it will be my daily CC piece. It is by far the best shooting gun I own.
Thanks! I hope yours gets running right. The slide lock issue is most likely a slide catch spring. Should be fixable :)

The T9 surely is a nice looking gun but for carry I guess I've been spoiled by my PM9. Since getting my PM9 a bunch of years ago I've sold my Glock 26 and my .380 and .45 only get carried occasionally.

Maybe a T9 with some hot ammo could replace my .45 as a house gun and occasional carry?
The T9 is one of the sweetest shooters I've shot. Would make a very nice house gun. I wouldn't feel undergunned at all loaded with some nice modern +p loads.

oio
03-23-2015, 06:29 PM
I replaced my HK P7 with a T9.
I don't regret is one bit. Sold the P7 for $1300. Bought the T9 for $500.
Had $800 in my pocket and a MUCH better gun.
The HK P7 is a nice gun, but has issues if you use it too much...it's gets very hot after shooting 3-4 mags worth within 10 minutes, then it fails to feed, fails to eject, and suffers accuracy issues.....
NONE of which happen with the T9. I've fired 400rds within 20-25min, including stopping to load 6, 8rd mags as needed.
No issues. No failures of any kind.

Redstate
03-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Happy to hear of your success with he T9. I am always tempted to pick one up; but i have never even seen one in person.

oio
03-24-2015, 06:48 PM
They are around...occasionally on armslist and gunbroker

Redstate
03-24-2015, 06:59 PM
I see some decent prices on them at Bud's; but, like i say, i would certainly like to hold one first.

photoman12001
03-24-2015, 09:07 PM
I see some decent prices on them at Bud's; but, like i say, i would certainly like to hold one first.

That's reasonable. I just picked up my new T9 from my FFL. I bought it from Bud's. I have a K9 that is my primary CCW and I love it. I had an MK9 and never could warm to it. I have not shot my T9 yet but based on handling it I feel safe saying that if you like the K9 you will like the T9.

Redstate
03-24-2015, 10:16 PM
That's reasonable. I just picked up my new T9 from my FFL. I bought it from Bud's. I have a K9 that is my primary CCW and I love it. I had an MK9 and never could warm to it. I have not shot my T9 yet but based on handling it I feel safe saying that if you like the K9 you will like the T9.

I am sure i would like it. In any event, look forward to your range report on your new T9