PDA

View Full Version : CT9 or SAR B6P

C0untZer0
01-29-2015, 12:14 PM
I pocket carry a Rohrbaugh R9 most of the time, sometimes I also carry a CM9 - usually in a pack.

I want to get a gun for my car that will be right next to my car seat. I don't want to be taking my R9 out of my pocket each time or the CM9 out of the pack, plus, since this would be a car gun, the size and weight is not an important consideration so I don't want to limit myself to a 3" barrel if I don't have to.

The CT9 is really cheap - I can pick one up for around $270.00 The SAR B6P is even cheaper at $241.00

The advantage of the SAR is that it holds a lot more rounds. The advantage of the CT9 is that I'm expecting the trigger to be pretty much like the CM9 I am used to, and the CM9 trigger is very similar to the trigger on the R9.

The disadvantage to the CT9 is that it doesn't hold a lot of rounds. The disadvantage to the SAR is a having to adapt to a different trigger system.

I wanted to get people's thoughts on this...

dirtengineer
01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
CM9 can use the CT9 magazines...

livefreeordie1
01-29-2015, 03:47 PM
If it's going to stay in the car I'd find something with a larger capacity. I love my Kahrs for concealed carry but if I needed a gun right now and could choose between my CT9 with 8+1 or my P89 with 17+1 that's a no-brainer for me. Even if you ran out of ammo the P89 would make a pretty effective club. :)

b4uqzme
01-29-2015, 06:51 PM
I keep a CZ (decocker) for a house gun for that very reason = more capacity. I'm not too worried about the way the trigger feels as long as I can shoot it well. In an SD situation, I doubt I'd notice anyways. I'm more concerned about the operation. I stick to a gun that only requires I pull the trigger in order to fire. Nothing to rack, no safeties to mess with, etc. It doesn't matter what the manual of arms is...it should just be the same for carry, house, truck, etc. Any gun you expect to use to save your life. JM2cents.

C0untZer0
02-08-2015, 08:17 AM
I just read a review of the SAR B6 compact version where the steel rail frame inserts broke, after only 90 rounds. I'm not sure about service for a Turkish pistol through EAA. The CT9 is looking better, I know what Kahr's customer service is like - I had to send my CM9 back for a rampectomy - but I got back in about 10 days and it works great.

berettabone
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
I keep larger caliber firearms for that purpose. Larger holes............................................. ...................:p

hardluk1
02-09-2015, 05:32 AM
I'm not leaving anything in vehicle to be found but a BG and stolen and possibly used against ME so it does not matter if you pick gun A or B. Suck it up and buy what you want . I carried a tp40 concealed for a few years at 2:10 position under a loose tie shirt tucked or untucked and drawing seating was not and problem . .

Armybrat
02-09-2015, 09:16 AM
If you are going to leave the gun in your car, it would be a wise move to anchor one of those quick access safes made for that purpose. You don't want a smash & grab criminal stealing it.
My brother's granddaughter in-law got her Taurus .38 Special snubbie ripped off that way from her parked car in the driveway one night recently.

C0untZer0
02-11-2015, 07:12 PM
The CT9 just got 8 dollars cheaper - they're going for $462.00 at Lanbos Armory.

hardluk1
02-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Did you check landos site ??? That ct9 kahr is 262 and change . Wake up!!
https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=kahr+ct9+