PDA

View Full Version : PM45 or ????????

n8tureboy
07-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm looking to join the .45 club but can't decide which one to get. I thought all along it would be the PM45 but now I'm having second thoughts after doing a little looking around and checking on pricing. I love my CW9 and am wondering if I should just go that route again with the .45. The KP, TP, PM and CW all have my head spinning this morning. Maybe I should just pick up one of each :rolleyes:. There really isn't all that much difference in weight, barrel length, round capacity but there is in price (not that it's an issue, just looking to get the most bang for my buck). I was hoping some of you could enlighten me on the pros and cons of each and steer me in the right direction. It will be my CCW piece (after it proves itself worthy). Thanks!

wyntrout
07-03-2010, 09:53 AM
My vote would be for the PM45. I considered the P45, but in the end I went with the smallest... DLC and N/S. It's certainly not cheap, but that's what I wanted for my main CCW carry. I carry mine with the standard 5-shot magazine and one in the tube or 5+1. I carry a 7-shot with extended grip for a reload. The extended grip doesn't poke me in the side so much.. kinder base on it. I have a choice of Kydex mag holders... IWB, OWB, and one I modified for pocket carry by removing the clip.
The PM45 fits perfectly in my PM9 MiniTuck, so that horsehide holster works with my K9, PM9 and the PM45.
The CW's work well, but you'll need more magazines and maybe better sights, which are available now. I just wanted the whole package, not the economy model.
If you can decide on the CW45, this one just came up yesterday.
http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-firearms-sale/2601-kahr-cw4543with-night-sights-sale.html#post28010.
You'll get plenty of other opinions, but this is mine and I AM biased about my PM45.:D
The CW models work great and a lot of people here have them... lots of them.
Wynn

10Kahrs
07-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I have the PM45 and the CW45 the PM is one sweet small carry gun. The PM will be obviously be easier to conceal and the recoil is not as bad as expected for such a small 45. If you decide on the PM just be forewarned they are more inclined to problems than the CW45 because of their size. My CW45 had no problems out of the box and it's a sweet shooting gun. I think if you do a search on the PM will find alot of post with issues on the PM45 not so with the CW45. With all that is said I think if you want a compact 45 and you are willing IF NESSARY to be prepared that you MIGHT have to send the PM back to Kahr possibly a few times. Why not get the CW first and the PM45 later this way if you have to send back the PM you will have a working CCW sweet 45 while kahr fine tunes the PM45. If I had to put odds on the PM i would say you have a 60% chance of having zero problems after break-in. Good luck

O'Dell
07-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm looking to join the .45 club but can't decide which one to get. I thought all along it would be the PM45 but now I'm having second thoughts after doing a little looking around and checking on pricing. I love my CW9 and am wondering if I should just go that route again with the .45. The KP, TP, PM and CW all have my head spinning this morning. Maybe I should just pick up one of each :rolleyes:. There really isn't all that much difference in weight, barrel length, round capacity but there is in price (not that it's an issue, just looking to get the most bang for my buck). I was hoping some of you could enlighten me on the pros and cons of each and steer me in the right direction. It will be my CCW piece (after it proves itself worthy). Thanks!

My first Kahr was the CW9, the second a CW45, which I traded for a PM45. I would hate to be the one to talk you out of buying one of each, since I'm sure Kahr could use the business. However, I have to come down on the side of the PM45. Mine has been flawless, as have all my Kahrs, and I love the size for pocket carry. After I nearly knocked my hat off with the first shot, the recoil hasn't proved to be that bad either.

jocko
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM
seems lately all 45 kahrs are running good out of the box. My guess is that more PM45's are sold than the others combined, so naturally we will read of issues in the PM45 more..

IBA33857
07-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I can tell you this; my PM45 nhas been flawless. I have been throwing a lot of rounds down range and hve not had one issue. I guess it all depends on what you plan on doing with the pistol. If you plan on carrying her, then size matters and there is no question on which one will work best for you. If it is just for around the house, you can't go wrong with eather one. I do know that when I got my PM45, I truly fell in love. It will be my only carry peice.

jreXD9
07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
+1 re: the CW45. I shoot it better than my PM9 or CW9, too. VERY manageable recoil for a light, thin .45.

jlottmc
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm kinda partial to the P45, I've handled the PM45, and just haven't gotten the shekels together to get one. This coming from an unabashed gun whore.

kramm
07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
For ccw I went with the pm45. It's easy to conceal. I did have a couple of issues with it, some were me getting use to the small size. The other were taken care of by Kahr. The repairs that were done, were done quickly, about three days turn around. I've had zero issues in about 400 or so rounds. It goes everywhere with me, execpt swimming.

kahrseye
07-06-2010, 08:31 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with the PM45....it's my favorite (don't tell the others). You may want to check out Florida Gun Exchange for some of the best pricing, low ship rates and no cc fees. I've purchased several guns from them. Good Luck and be sure to post your decision with pics.

DKD
07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I love my PM45. It fits my hand like a glove...granted I am not a big guy, so the standard 5+1 mag is what I carry in the weapon and the 6+1 as a back up magazine. It has to be the smallest and lightest, quality 45 ACP around and I have several 45 ACP pistols.
I had a few FTF's and one or two failure to go fully into battery in the first 100 rounds, but a quick tap on the slide corrected that. I cleaned her up real good and lubed her up and had zero problems by thetime I hit 150 rounds. I now have 400 rounds down range with zero issues. So far this pistol has digested anything I ran through it.
I wish my darn holster would get hear so can carry it on me every day....in the meantime I have been using my PM9 as a daily carry piece. Sooo many guns and so little time....