PDA

View Full Version : Found K9 at a gun show last weekend

gunmut
07-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Found a used / new K9 diamond black finish at a gun show last weekend. The owner was selling off part of his collection of guns and wasn't sure if the K9 had been fired or not...after I got it home and pulled it down for cleaning I not sure if it has been fired more than a few times or not. All looks good with little or no wear.

Does anyone know when they made the change from diamond black to DLC finish? It think it is the same coating just a name change, but not sure.

A good price I think, $500.00 out the door. I am always a sucker for a good deal, or what I think is a good deal!

jocko
07-03-2010, 01:24 PM
is is the same finish. nice gun, excellent price. It could have 30,000 rounds through it and if taken care of you would not be able to tell even, and further more should make no difference, as kahrs are made to shoot until the cows come home. You can go on the froum in the kahr tech section and look up approx when your gun was made by the serial number..

gunmut
07-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Jocko thanks for the tip on SN info. in the Kahr tech section.

Will take it for a good work out this weekend if the rain will stop.

gunmut
07-04-2010, 09:36 AM
So from the SN info in the Kahr Tech section my gun with SN98XX is about a 2005-2007 gun.

Still plan to shoot this weekend if possible.

gunmut
08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
well it only took a month plus a few weeks to get out to the range... K9 worked fine, went thru about 100 rd with no issues.

next item to get is a set of those lazer grips...see them at times at the gun shows for $200-250.

ripley16
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
The Crimson Trace grips add to the usefulness without inflicting any hindrance or loss of grip comfort at all. A very well made product IMHO. I managed to find this slightly used K9 already sporting the CT laser as well as the excellent Mepro night sights. The three components all meld together to make an almost perfect CCW. If there are flaws in this combination, I haven't found them yet.

Enjoy your new K9.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Kahr/LouPatKahr017.jpg

wyntrout
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I think about the deal you got on that one all of the time. I'm very envious!
Wynn:D