PDA

View Full Version : Slide stop snagging on little groove

Gene Hackman
02-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Pistol is ct9. I'm a perfectionist and am curious. I like to know my guns inside and out. So when a magazine is inserted and i press down on the slide release and slide it forward it snags on the little notch in the rear that the part of the slide stop goes into, Whats the deal?

muggsy
02-03-2015, 06:09 AM
You need to give a better description of what is snagging on what. You need to tell us if the mag is loaded or empty. It the mag is empty you should drop the mag before releasing the slide stop and allowing the slide to go forward. You can't manipulate the gun in a manner that you shouldn't and expect it to act in a manner that it should. I think were looking at a user error here.

berettabone
02-03-2015, 09:51 AM
What??????????????????

Gene Hackman
02-04-2015, 12:16 AM
What??????????????????
you know, the thing. It's snagging on the little dealy next to that dohickey thingamajig. lol just kidding. whatever

gb6491
02-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Pistol is ct9. I'm a perfectionist and am curious. I like to know my guns inside and out. So when a magazine is inserted and i press down on the slide release and slide it forward it snags on the little notch in the rear that the part of the slide stop goes into, Whats the deal?
Does the slide stop lever "catch" on the take down notch if you operate the slide with no magazine in the pistol? If it doesn't, I'm inclined to believe that you are not holding the slide stop lever down far enough while riding the slide forward with an empty magazine in the pistol.
Regards,
Greg

muggsy
02-04-2015, 03:50 PM
you know, the thing. It's snagging on the little dealy next to that dohickey thingamajig. lol just kidding. whatever

Now that you've used the proper technical terms for the parts in question, Bawanna should be along shortly with a quick fix. :)

Bawanna
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm working on it. I wasn't aware Kahr used a dohickey, the thingamajig, seems fine along with the little dealy.

The dohickey is tripping me up here. Are you certain it isn't the whatchamacallit or wissdamit?

Armybrat
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Well, whatever the OP's CT9 problem is, the slide stop lever put a long idiot scratch on the lower edge of my CW45's slide. No burr on that bugger either, but it only did it that one time right after I bought it.
Of course my old fumble fingers might've had somethin' to do with the mishap.

It is noticeable only when the light is just right (or wrong?)

muggsy
02-05-2015, 04:53 AM
If you squint the scratch will barely be noticeable. :) In the gun business we refer to scratches and dings as character marks.