PDA

View Full Version : gun theft

marcinstl
02-05-2015, 06:25 PM
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Gun-theft-becomes-focus-for-police-after-50-guns-reported-stolen-in-January-290971071.html
interesting story.

Armybrat
02-06-2015, 06:30 AM
My brother's granddaughter-in-law, who has a CHL, left her little Taurus .38 in her car overnight (parked in front of the house). Naturally it was stolen. Her hubby bought her a used S&W Model 64 for $250 at GT's the other day as a replacement.
Hope she learned her lesson and takes it with her.

berettabone
02-06-2015, 07:58 AM
I know, in some states, if you get a firearm stolen from your car, and you didn't have it locked up in some type of safe, and the thief uses it in some sort of nefarious actions, you can be held liable. I ALWAYS take it with me.

muggsy
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Sign? What sign? I didn't see no sign. We don't need no stinking signs. (With apologies to Humphrey Bogart.)

WMac19
02-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Regardless of applicable law, I think it's irresponsible for people to leave a gun in just a glove box for example, if this is the case. A determined thief can get into anything but a responsible person should make an honest attempt to safeguard it more appropriately.

Longitude Zero
02-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Leaving a firearm in the interior of a car is stupid. If caught out and you cannot CCW put it in the trunk.

b4uqzme
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
"One gun advocate blames businesses that don't allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms inside their buildings, forcing owners to leave their guns in their cars and making them an easy target for thieves."

Seems like a reasonable point to me.

TheTman
02-06-2015, 10:55 AM
It's a lot easier to slip a gun in a glove box and lock it, unseen, than to put it in the trunk unseen. Most places except govt. buildings, I'll take the chance and carry it anyway.

Armybrat
02-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Leaving a firearm in the interior of a car is stupid. If caught out and you cannot CCW put it in the trunk.
Exactly.... now that gal I mentioned has enabled some sleazeball criminal to be armed.

Barth
02-08-2015, 07:44 AM
"One gun advocate blames businesses that don't allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms inside their buildings, forcing owners to leave their guns in their cars and making them an easy target for thieves."

Seems like a reasonable point to me.

+1
Licensed gun owners don't commit crimes and many honor these businesses wishes.
Real criminals will carry guns anyway.
And likely prefer and target places like that.

SIGWolf
02-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Maybe they should secure their guns in the car? Just sayin....

If you're leaving your gun in the car, secure it in a locked box that is secured to the car and out of sight.