PDA

View Full Version : CT380 Full Video Review

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Hey guys, I just finished up editing my latest review on the CT380. Some of you guys may be interested, as there isn't a whole lot out on this gun yet. Enjoy!
Kahr CT380: Soft Shooting 380: http://youtu.be/XFn6rL3n8iw

Armybrat
02-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Excellent review, and you aren't kidding about the slide being a bit hard to rack with the stiff recoil springs. Even after doing the preliminary manual racking several hundred times, it was still somewhat difficult to get mine to lock back on empty. But it is noticeably looser after one range session.

As mentioned in my range report a few days ago, my CT380 did not fire one round out of several mags of WWB. Didn't even leave the slightest dimple mark on the primers. However it ate all the Remington fmj and Hornaday CD as smoothly as could be - and it was very easy to shoot compared to my Ruger LCP. The CT380 is going to be my EDC for shorts & T-shirt warm weather. I like it better than the CW380 & LCP because it has a very comfortable grip, plus a slightly longer barrel and the extra round.

I did notice your narrative was spoken very rapidly - to this old Texan you were almost bit too fast to follow. (wink)

Thank you for the video, as there isn't that much info about this little gun online yet.

:yo:

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Excellent review, and you aren't kidding about the slide being a bit hard to rack with the stiff recoil springs. Even after doing the preliminary manual racking several hundred times, it was still somewhat difficult to get mine to lock back on empty. But it is noticeably looser after one range session.

As mentioned in my range report a few days ago, my CT380 did not fire one round out of several mags of WWB. Didn't even leave the slightest dimple mark on the primers. However it ate all the Remington fmj and Hornaday CD as smoothly as could be - and it was very easy to shoot compared to my Ruger LCP. The CT380 is going to be my EDC for shorts & T-shirt warm weather. I like it better than the CW380 & LCP because it has a very comfortable grip, plus a slightly longer barrel and the extra round.

I did notice your narrative was spoken very rapidly - to this old Texan you were almost bit too fast to follow. (wink)

Thank you for the video, as there isn't that much info about this little gun online yet.

:yo:
Thanks AB! I'm glad you like your CT :)

Yeah, I do read from a pre written script and try to get right to the point. I want to get you guys as much info as I can quickly, not everyone has time for a 40 min review. Thanks for watching!

southern thunder
02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Good write up.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Good write up.
Thanks for watching!

wyntrout
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the great review... informative and concise... with kudos for brevity. Some reviewers don't use scripts and just amble along(babble), easily tripling the time you took and adding nothing worthwhile for the extra review length.

I like that you let Kahr send you the part and you installed it yourself. I had the same problem with a second P380 that I got for my wife several years ago. The bearing surface on the catch was too soft and "rolled" over. As you said, stuff like that happens, but it's a lot cheaper and quicker to have them send you the part.

Wynn :)

b4uqzme
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Good review. Thanks.

Bill K
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Very well done review and video. I would have liked a quick size comparison to the PM/CM380 and the PM/CM9 and a brief discussion of why someone might chose the CT over the others.

kwh
02-09-2015, 06:37 PM
^^^ Me too. Good to hear another review from you.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Very well done review and video. I would have liked a quick size comparison to the PM/CM380 and the PM/CM9 and a brief discussion of why someone might chose the CT over the others.
CT380 vs CW380: Size comparison: http://youtu.be/w06ZrfaqKMw

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the great review... informative and concise... with kudos for brevity. Some reviewers don't use scripts and just amble along(babble), easily tripling the time you took and adding nothing worthwhile for the extra review length.

I like that you let Kahr send you the part and you installed it yourself. I had the same problem with a second P380 that I got for my wife several years ago. The bearing surface on the catch was too soft and "rolled" over. As you said, stuff like that happens, but it's a lot cheaper and quicker to have them send you the part.

Wynn :)
Thanks for watching. After falling asleep watching many reviews, I learned that if I fall asleep, others do too. As such my reviews are kept short :)

muggsy
02-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Nice Job. (I'm a man of few words myself.) :)

b4uqzme
02-09-2015, 09:17 PM

You may not say much, but you say it often. :) I think I owed you one.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Thanks Muggsy!

Bill K
02-10-2015, 06:45 AM
CT380 vs CW380: Size comparison: http://youtu.be/w06ZrfaqKMw

Thanks, another well done video. I know you can go to Kahr's web site and get the specs but it is nice to see the guns side-by-side.

SlowBurn
02-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks for watching. After falling asleep watching many reviews, I learned that if I fall asleep, others do too. As such my reviews are kept short :)

Yep

Armybrat
02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Here's comparing it to my LCP, Colt .380 Govt., & an old Remington 51:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/0be15642d514b709b029d30681022f279ce3cd5.jpg

Sittin' on the .45 - before I did the flush-fit MecGar mag for the "big" boy:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/4693508a4befdfbc16cbbe7c069439f20290b53.jpg

Armybrat
02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
BTW - only the Remington is as slim as the CT, with the LCP being a tad bit plumper.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
02-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks, another well done video. I know you can go to Kahr's web site and get the specs but it is nice to see the guns side-by-side.
Very true