PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

GA_Sheepdog
02-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum but not new to Kahr. My previous Kahr was a CW45 and I really liked the pistol for CC but didn’t really like theprice of 45 ammo. I ended up selling it to my brother because I needed somequick cash. I later bought a never issued Gen 3, Glock 19 from my department. The Glock 19 is a very good pistol for CC, HD and range gun. It is a little on the heavy side, which doesn’t bother me but it does become a burden with trying to conceal during the summer months.

The last several months I've wanted something a little smaller and easier to conceal. Also, something I can carry as a backup. After several months of researching, watching countless youtube reviews, I decided to go to my LGS and take a look. I originally was looking at either a Glock 42 or a cm9. I was leaning more towards the cm9 due to the abundance of 9mm ammo I have and themore expensive cost of 380 ammo. When I arrived, I first looked at the CM9. I really liked it and it was the same as the CW45 but smaller. One thing I didn’t like about the CW45 was the length of the grip. It was obviously thinner than the 19 but pretty much the same length as the Glock and my 19 holds 15+1. I then went over and got my hands on the Glock 42. It felt good in the hands but was a little to big for what Id want in a 380. And with this not being my main CCW, I decided to go back with the Kahr. While at the display counter I observed the tiny little Kahr CW380. I asked the salesman to pull it out along with the CM9. They both were very similar in size, with the CM9 being thicker.I told the guy, I think I'll go with my original decision and get the CM9. I picked the CW380 up one more time and said, wait I'll go with this. I ended up purchasing the CW380 and 200 rounds of FMJ ammo and a box of Sig carry ammo.

I excitedly returned home and stripped the pistol and cleaned it. It was surprisingly dirty. I also racked the slide approximately 200 times and its currently sitting in my safe with the slide locked to the rear. One thing I did notice is the slide was difficult to rack and it seems to want to hang up. I remember to slide being stiff on the CW45 but not it hanging up. Hopefully it'll smooth out once I go through the break in period.

I'll be heading to the range tomorrow. Wish me luck.

getsome
02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk there GA Sheepdog from another Gwinnett county Jawja boy.....Nice pick in the CW380 and after you get her broken in good she will be a sweet little shooter....Good idea to rack the slide several hundred times and lube it up good then go get some rounds down range...Some have reported trouble with the flat nose FMJ Winchester white box at first but yours may eat um up just fine....Good luck with yours and if you have any problems or questions then this is the place to come to for answers....Lots of real nice folks here more than willing to share knowledge with you....Happy shooting and again welcome aboard!!!

GA_Sheepdog
02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk there GA Sheepdog from another Gwinnett county Jawja boy.....Nice pick in the CW380 and after you get her broken in good she will be a sweet little shooter....Good idea to rack the slide several hundred times and lube it up good then go get some rounds down range...Some have reported trouble with the flat nose FMJ Winchester white box at first but yours may eat um up just fine....Good luck with yours and if you have any problems or questions then this is the place to come to for answers....Lots of real nice folks here more than willing to share knowledge with you....Happy shooting and again welcome aboard!!!

Thank you getsome, its always nice to meet another Georgia Boy! I've owned plenty of guns over the years but this is my first 380. I hope this little CW380 performs like its bigger brother (CW45) did.

b4uqzme
02-09-2015, 07:21 PM
welcome