PDA

View Full Version : this weeks gun "accident"

marcinstl
02-14-2015, 08:27 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/14/10-year-old-shoots-sister-dad-service-police-gun_n_6683540.html

cop is getting ready to go to work, gun is on the bed, one sister shoots the other sister. cops just leave guns laying around and don't teach their kids anything.
folks, ya know them shootin irons is dangerous. (another case of stupid negligence and ongoing support for the theory that guns have accidents. BS!)

berettabone
02-14-2015, 08:45 AM
How do you even pick up/read that rag??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

b4uqzme
02-14-2015, 08:52 AM
I set my gun on the bed all the time when I'm suiting up. Then again, I don't have kids. :( Tragic.

SlowBurn
02-14-2015, 09:52 AM
I set my gun on the bed all the time when I'm suiting up. Then again, I don't have kids. :( Tragic.

BIG difference. I don't get anyone can be nonchalant about guns around kids? Could have been even worse though. "Fresno Police Lt. Joe Gomez says the 8-year-old girl was shot Friday in the torso and is in stable condition." I hope the little girl comes though ok, and the father has nightmares the rest of his life.

leftysixty
02-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Improper child rearing will cause such things to happen. And let us not forget about "thinking" before putting your gun someplace other than a holster or safe.

Armybrat
02-14-2015, 10:06 AM
A lot of the anti-2nd Amendment types think only LEOs should be allowed to have guns, as they are "all highly trained"..

An Austin cop patrolling a city park a couple of years ago had to make a restroom stop in the men's facility next to the park playground. When he departed the restroom, he left his service pistol & utility belt on the wash stand. It was found by a citizen who immediately notified 911.

One of my nephews is a senior officer with a small Texas PD. He has built up a many thousands of rounds stash of issued .40 caliber ammo at home that was unused by his fellow officers over the years. Seems that most of them take the issued ammo but only use up the minimum required for their annual qualification, and they give the rest of it to my nephew.

Just sayin'

marcinstl
02-14-2015, 01:20 PM
years ago, bottlers at Bud could grab a beer off of the line and drink it. (usually to chase the half pint they brought to work). after some "accidents", they changed the policy to every employee could have a free case per month-- the non-drinkers sold, or gave away their free beer. cops seem to do the same thing with ammo. some cops can get you a screaming deal on a used gun too (don't ask who used it and don't tell where you got it).
cops, for a lot of cities, towns, villages are ticket sellers, out bringing in funds for their employer . after a crime, they can take pictures and write a report for the insurance co. sometimes they might even get called to save some guy from his abusive wife. if cops aren't going to be trained to be experts with guns, maybe they should go English . here it is 2015 and the English cop is still unarmed and recording better crime rates than here. go figure.

ltxi
02-14-2015, 03:02 PM
A lot of the anti-2nd Amendment types think only LEOs should be allowed to have guns, as they are "all highly trained"..

An Austin cop patrolling a city park a couple of years ago had to make a restroom stop in the men's facility next to the park playground. When he departed the restroom, he left his service pistol & utility belt on the wash stand. It was found by a citizen who immediately notified 911.............

Tangential, but....Why the hell would an adult who found a forgotten duty belt and service pistol forgotten in a public rest room find it necessary to call 911 ??

Armybrat
02-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Tangential, but....Why the hell would an adult who found a forgotten duty belt and service pistol forgotten in a public rest room find it necessary to call 911 ??

Maybe they wanted a fireman to come pick it up because the cop wasn't competent enough?

marcinstl
02-14-2015, 04:04 PM
"Maybe they wanted a fireman to come pick it up because the cop wasn't competent enough?"
oh, ouch! burn! hehehehehe.

ltxi
02-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Maybe they wanted a fireman to come pick it up because the cop wasn't competent enough?

Hate to admit...I really like that.

muggsy
02-15-2015, 05:55 AM
The cop didn't clear his weapon and left it unattended. Here's a case where a magazine safety could have prevented a ND. Familiarity breeds contempt.

getsome
02-16-2015, 09:39 AM
We lived in an apartment complex for a while several years ago after our house burned and while there one evening I was walking next to a parked car and noticed something sitting on the trunk...I walked over and saw that it was a holstered Glock and two ammo pouches on a rolled up belt....It was almost dark and I didnt see anyone else outside so I just stood around for a few minutes to see if anyone would show up to get it....After a good while nobody came back for it and knowing there were children in the complex I knew it had to be secured so I left a note on the windshield saying if you lost something and are looking for it to call me and also left our apartment number....

A couple hours later a fellow rang the doorbell and asked if I had left the note...I said yes and invited him in...Turned out he was a young Police Officer and the complex Security Officer and had been unloading some stuff from his car and laid the pistol on the trunk and totally forgot about it...He showed me his badge and ID and said he was very embarrassed about it and thanked me profusely for securing his weapon....I told him I was glad to do it and glad nothing happened....He noticed my reloading bench I had set up in the dining room and asked if I was a shooter and I said yes and we got to talking guns and he relaxed and we got to be good friends.....Just goes to show that anyone, even a Police Officer can make a mistake but I'm betting he doesn't make that one again.....

muggsy
02-16-2015, 07:33 PM
A lot of folks don't get a second chance at making a mistake.