PDA

View Full Version : New to Kahr - Part 2 - Decided

New2Kahr
02-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Bought a CM9 today. Cleaned the grease off right at the shop, lubed her up and ran 250 rounds through her non-stop without cleaning. 147 grain factory and 124 grain reloads. Not one hiccup/failure - not one - and not just saying this to make ya'll feel better. Just broke it down and cleaned it. There's not a mark on it. Everything's running smoothly. Magazine works fine. I did use the slide release to chamber each and every round. Loaded the magazine each time to full capacity.

I was going to buy a CW9 but the CM had the better trigger. But, the other range I frequent has a CW9 with a good trigger. I may go pick that one up as well.

All the worry for nothing - touch wood.

I'll keep folks posted. Will run another 250 through it tomorrow.

Jim

RRP
02-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Good range report.

New2Kahr
02-15-2015, 02:51 PM
I do have one comment. The magazine thumb release is a wee bit small, both surface area and the height of it from the frame (shallow), and it takes a firm, deliberate push. I'll need to practice one-handed magazine drops. I found myself coming across with my left hand to drop the magazine. I think part of the problem was my right hand being in the way on the other side of the gun. I'll figure it out. I'm sure it's like this for a reason, to prevent accidental magazine drops.

Gun's extremely accurate at 5 and 7 yards (tight groups on target - sights are spot on). No problems with instinctive shooting / no sights - all center mass. Started to open up a bit at 10 yards and pushing left, but that's just me getting used to it I suppose.

The aggressive texturing on the front of the grip did get to me just a bit after 250 rounds. But, I don't plan on such heavy use on a regular basis - just breaking it in and testing it to see if I can break it, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Does require a firm and deliberate grip. Not like my CZs where I can cheat a bit and relax, and let the weight of the gun do some of the work. Still, very pleasant shooter. Really pleased so far.

I like it so much I want to carry it right now but don't have a holster. Kept walking around with it in my pocket around the house, unloaded of course, just because. That's a good sign - light gun. Finally had to put it away :(.

Jim

b4uqzme
02-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Congrats. You just found yourself THE best carry gun IMHO. Enjoy.

Carry is a conglomeration of compromises...weight, size, caliber, price, etc. The CM9 is about as good as it gets.

Pancho_Villa
02-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Muy bueno compadre!!!! Congrats on the new pistola. I recently got an LNIB Kahr and was really surprised. Great pistola.

New2Kahr
02-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Another 150 rounds today for a total of 400. No failures at all - nothing but tighter groups at 10 yards.

Pancho_Villa
02-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Another 150 rounds today for a total of 400. No failures at all - nothing but tighter groups at 10 yards.

Muy bueno!!!!!! That's a gppd amount of rounds. I have some guns that I have had for over 10 years that I have not fired that much. Guess I spend too much time looking at them instead of shooting them.:)

Mad Mensch
02-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Congrats. I too picked up a CM9 not long ago and have also burned through a few hundred rounds already without a hitch.

For conceal carry I've had a Shield, Sig P938, PPS, Glock 30, and Ruger LCR and I prefer the CM9 over the rest.

muggsy
02-19-2015, 07:23 AM
There's something wrong here. Two Kahr owners with absolutely no problems with their new guns. It must be a fluke. :)

jovansmac
02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
I bought my PM9 in January and finally got the chance to shoot it and break in this past Sunday. 200 rounds of Federal (forgot which gr.) with one stovepipe around 150ish. Other than that it functioned flawlessly. I have to get used to the trigger, sometimes I wouldn't hit for first 2-3 rounds then I'd hit. Then again I haven't shot in 3 years so there is that. I love the little gun!

deadeye
02-24-2015, 04:04 PM
There's something wrong here. Two Kahr owners with absolutely no problems with their new guns. It must be a fluke. :)
I'm feeling less guilty all the time.