PDA

View Full Version : PM9-w-External-Safety-and-LCI

marcinstl
02-15-2015, 02:21 PM
this gun is also supposed to have, Enhanced Trigger Kahr’s new enhanced trigger will be featured on Kahr models with external safeties and loaded chamber indicators. The enhanced trigger has a shorter length of pull compared to the Kahr standard trigger. The new enhanced trigger has a 1/4” length of pull with an approximate 7.5 lb. trigger pull weight compared to a 3/8” length of pull for the standard trigger. The trigger pull weight for the enhanced trigger is the same as the standard trigger, approximately 7.5 lb.
does that mean that the break happens an 1/8th of an inch further forward? if so, how do they make that happen? I looked at the parts charts and numbers for the PM9193 and the regular version PM9093A and the parts appear to be the same. is there a more realistic or detailed parts list for the PM9193?

Nytcrawler93
02-15-2015, 08:26 PM
Not sure about the schematic but the trigger pull is noticeably shorter. I had issues finding details on differences as well. But, the difference in feel outweighed my lack of knowledge. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcinstl
02-16-2015, 10:22 AM
I emailed Kahr service asking if there was an accurate parts list for the PM9 w/safety and enhanced trigger. now you know what you usually get with an email to service, huh?
yeah, good luck with that. maybe Kahr will surprise me.

Nytcrawler93
02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
My email went unreturned. I was asking if I could buy a black slide and replace my stainless one. I thought I knew the answer but dang, email replies should happen even if they call me an idiot.

marcinstl
02-16-2015, 08:35 PM
when writing to Kahr service always address them as "your As$holiness". I mean all your trying to do is get a part number so you can send them money. they're rolling in money and just don't give a $hit about one little customer. fortunately nobody at Kahr reads Kahrtalk, hehehehehe. good luck with the black slide, maybe get your shinny one cerakoted (http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/).

topgun1953
02-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Did you send it to sales or tech? Yes, it shoudn't matter, I know, but I sent an email to sales a few weeks ago about my broken striker and had a reply, rma, and label the next day.

then again, having spent many years in and around Worcester, the weather has been brutal recently
and I wonder if they have been able to fully open.
edit..saw you sent it to service...try sales?

Nytcrawler93
02-17-2015, 08:57 AM
I sent mine to sales. Twice. No replies.

Nytcrawler93
02-17-2015, 08:59 AM
I actually wanted 2 slides. One SS and one black. I was toying with the idea of having two complete uppers with one being a custom threaded barrel as a toy.

muggsy
02-17-2015, 09:16 AM
The problem with you guys is that you have no yank. Next time send an E-mail to Kahr Service tell 'em Muggsy sent ya. I guarantee a reply. :)

marcinstl
02-17-2015, 09:37 AM
well, email does work, I just got this---
Good morning. The parts are identical for both models. I hope this information helps.

Jay D'Andrea
Customer Service
508-795- 3919 www.kahr.com (http://www.kahr.com/)

now how do you get an 1/8th inch shorter trigger with the same parts? shorter trigger travel come form the advertising dept.?
I emailed Jay back with more questions. more latter.

marcinstl
02-17-2015, 10:31 AM
now we get to some truth--
On 2/17/2015 10:54 AM, magpromo2014@kahr.com wrote:

Good morning. Unfortunately the shorter reset trigger cannot be added to any firearm that did not ship in that configuration. I apologize for any inconvenience.

which means, yes the parts are different, but you can't have the "enhanced" trigger bar. go buy the PM9 with safety if you want that part. Kahr doesn't encourage cheap customers that want a hotrod CM9. go away.
you know there's a reason why you can buy trigger bars, transfer bars, triggers, springs and very easily build a Glock 19 with a heavy trigger, but very crisp break for instance. it's because Glock is in the gun business to make money and sell guns. even S&W has figured this out and there's tons of aftermarket parts and choices for the M&P, even the SD line.
what's a nice CM( worth used? $150? leave me a message if interested.

Nytcrawler93
02-17-2015, 12:25 PM
I am surprised the slides are the same because of the cutout on top for loaded chamber indicator....