PDA

View Full Version : New member from deep south Texas!!!

Pancho_Villa
02-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Que pasa amigos? Decided to join the forum after lurking a bit here in January. Got a slightly used CW45 off an old guy and his wife at a gunshow. He said they got a .38 revolver cause they couldn't work the slide on the .45 and the recoil was excessive. Gun was LNIB. Olg guy wanted 3 for it, but I got it for 275. Guess that was fair? Works great so far.

I needed another carry gun cause I gave my Ruger LC9 to my son. Had some other small pistolas, but really like the big hole in the front.

Bawanna
02-15-2015, 11:13 PM
The CW 45 is a great gun and that was a great deal.

Welcome aboard Pancho.

marcinstl
02-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Hey, looky here.
What's that?
Where you from?
South America.
What's that?
South America.
You don't look like no South American to me.
I'm still from South America.
What part?
South Texas.

rjt123
02-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Welcome from Corpus Christi, the beautiful "Coastal Bend" of Texas.

By "deep south Texas", do you mean somewhere in the Rio Grande Valley? If so, what part of The Valley are you from? Brownsville? Edinburg? McAllen? Harlingen? Pharr?

The last time I was down there was taking the kids to Schlitterbahn a few years ago.

Anyway, welcome to KahrTalk.

Pancho_Villa
02-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Hey rjt123,

Not that far south, but I do have some relatives in Brownsville. Actually live on a small ranchito in the Falf./Premont area. Place is known as "La Parrita" by the locals. Just another oil field location on an old oil field map.

Last time I had to go to South Padre was to tow back my son's truck from one of the hotels on the beach. Seems they were in the 2 a.m. parade of drunks and naked girls on the "drag" for an hour or so and the truck overheated and wouldn't start. Had to leave it at the poiice station and bring back a bunch of kids they took with them. That was my son's last time down there as a college student. Graduated that year in '98 from A&M Kingsville. He works at the administration building at TAMUK now and has his master's in fine arts. Does computer grapics, and teaches some night classes as an adjunct proff. at the art dept.

Daughter lives in the "Sparkling City by the Sea." We were over there on Friday visiting the M in law at one of the nursing homes. Daughter runs the mental health unit on Brownlee near Morgan. She is a TAMUK grad too & working on a master's in pshyc.

Wife and I are retired. However, I still make the SAXET gunshows at the Borchard Regonal Center near C.C. Actually it's Robstown, but they still call it the Corpus Christi gunsow. I made shows over here since the late 70s. Also in the Rio Grande Valley, AUsin, and San Antonio for years. Really slowed down now cause of diabetes complications. Will be at the SAXET Show in C.C. on Feb. 28 & March 1st in about 2 weeks working a trade table. Come on by and buy or swap. Always ready to run a scam, cheat, or swap someone to get a gun out of them, cheap of course. Been on the east wall between the girls with the candy coated nuts & the Italian Ice girl. GOOD location. other side, the guy has the smoked sausage, "Bubba's." He has a big sign on poles. And the AR parts guys are across the aisle. Should be there unless they move me. Will have a few things to swap and also some wooden rubber band guns to sell to the kiddies. If ya have been to the shows, ya shoulda seen me there with my son or a buddy. Always have the rubber band guns on the table. Just follow the smell of the candy coated nuts & ya should see Bubba's sighn. Only 2 more shows this spring, so come on buy. Nothing there again till August.

rjt123
02-18-2015, 08:14 PM
Hey rjt123,

Not that far south, but I do have some relatives in Brownsville. Actually live on a small ranchito in the Falf./Premont area. Place is known as "La Parrita" by the locals. Just another oil field location on an old oil field map.

Last time I had to go to South Padre was to tow back my son's truck from one of the hotels on the beach. Seems they were in the 2 a.m. parade of drunks and naked girls on the "drag" for an hour or so and the truck overheated and wouldn't start. Had to leave it at the poiice station and bring back a bunch of kids they took with them. That was my son's last time down there as a college student. Graduated that year in '98 from A&M Kingsville. He works at the administration building at TAMUK now and has his master's in fine arts. Does computer grapics, and teaches some night classes as an adjunct proff. at the art dept.

Daughter lives in the "Sparkling City by the Sea." We were over there on Friday visiting the M in law at one of the nursing homes. Daughter runs the mental health unit on Brownlee near Morgan. She is a TAMUK grad too & working on a master's in pshyc.

Wife and I are retired. However, I still make the SAXET gunshows at the Borchard Regonal Center near C.C. Actually it's Robstown, but they still call it the Corpus Christi gunsow. I made shows over here since the late 70s. Also in the Rio Grande Valley, AUsin, and San Antonio for years. Really slowed down now cause of diabetes complications. Will be at the SAXET Show in C.C. on Feb. 28 & March 1st in about 2 weeks working a trade table. Come on by and buy or swap. Always ready to run a scam, cheat, or swap someone to get a gun out of them, cheap of course. Been on the east wall between the girls with the candy coated nuts & the Italian Ice girl. GOOD location. other side, the guy has the smoked sausage, "Bubba's." He has a big sign on poles. And the AR parts guys are across the aisle. Should be there unless they move me. Will have a few things to swap and also some wooden rubber band guns to sell to the kiddies. If ya have been to the shows, ya shoulda seen me there with my son or a buddy. Always have the rubber band guns on the table. Just follow the smell of the candy coated nuts & ya should see Bubba's sighn. Only 2 more shows this spring, so come on buy. Nothing there again till August.

I went to TAMUK as well. It was still "Texas A&I" back in '92 when I finished. Maybe I will see you at the next Saxet show. I've only been a couple of times, but I've been meaning to get back over there for another round.

Pancho_Villa
02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Muy bueno!!!!! Should be at the show all weekend unless something goes wrong. Hope everyone has started getting their income tax returns by then. Just alot of tire kickers last time and scammers like me.

Back when it was Texas A&I. O.k. Well if you were out in 92, I really feel old. Wife and I got out in 76. But, I was only there for the last 2 years. Spend the first 2 wasted at San Marcos. It was S.W.T.S.U. then. Something else before that andsomething else since then and now. That was one long party along Highway 35/hill country from San Antonio to Austin. Had to drag the wife, then girlfriend out of Wurstfest in New Brqusnfels once by the heels. Too much of that German Shiner beer. Hell, last time we were at Schlitterbahn was in New Braunsfels. That was the only one back then. They built the one in the Valley since my kids quit going to spring break and now yer gonna have one in Corpus. This is if they ever finish it. We drove out to the Island in August to look around. It loooked kinda unfinished. Next deadline is the fal now and a park that is twice as big or some B.S. like that. Well there is the Hurricane Alley water park by teh harbor bridge, otherwise known as the Gangster Shlitterbahn.

Probably be in C.C. tomorrow. Drs. & such. Might go by Academy Sports, just to look of course. I don't buy new stuff. Costs too much.

Pancho_Villa
03-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Hey rjt,

Missed ya at the gunshow. I got moved from my regular place on the east wall. Theyopened up the small reom behind my spot and put a bunch of jewelry dealers and food dealers there. I got into the second circle of tables by the front door. Maybe next time. Last day of next month, until August after that.

rjt123
03-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Hey rjt,

Missed ya at the gunshow. I got moved from my regular place on the east wall. Theyopened up the small reom behind my spot and put a bunch of jewelry dealers and food dealers there. I got into the second circle of tables by the front door. Maybe next time. Last day of next month, until August after that.

Hey, Pancho! Yeah, sorry I didn't make it to the show. I would much rather have gone to the gunshow than what happened instead.

On Friday I was moving a heavy ammo box and managed to start up an awful muscle spasm in my back. I've had trouble with that for years. I spent the entire weekend laid up in bed alternating a heating pad and ice pack and working the pain pills and muscle relaxers. I went to work on Monday even though I had to walk slowly and bent forward at the waist. Couldn't even stand up all the way straight. It's slowly getting better, but when you're really hurting it seems like forever. :(

Isn't the next Corpus Christi (Robstown, really) Saxet show at the end of March? It's been too long since I've been to one. Hoping to make it to the next show. :)

Pancho_Villa
03-05-2015, 05:26 AM
Hey rjt,

That musta been one hell of an ammo box. I feel your pain. I have a reapeired left ankle and tibia. Guy that worked on me at Memorial didn't put it all back right and it always hurts. Rally hurts when I twist my ankle and that causes muscle spasms in the back that don't go away. I fell like alot of the tendons & muscles get buggered up around the metal shank holding my tibia together and that causes all the pain.

I fell on my *** after the last time I twisted the ankle the first week of February. I landed on our condrete patio. I have had pain since then and kinda walk wierd, more than usual. I may have torn something in there this time cause the pain has persisted for 4 weeks now. It usually goes away in a few days. I have had to wrap the ankle to keep from twisting it so bad agan cause I did it again last week, but didn't fall. Didn't want to miss the gunshow either. May have to go get it X-rayed. Ain;t got no pain killers except over the counter stuff, But, I did try to stay drunk all weekend. That helped too.

We were in Corpus earlier and took the daughter out to Red Lobster, more like Red Robster. At least the crown wasn't bad, no wait. We had a d@mn 45 minute wait to get into Carino's Italian on Sunday night after the show. Wasn't worth it for me. I don't care for pasta. Did the all ya can eat soup or salad thing instad. Wife and daughter are the pasta hounds. We were at Ya Lee's Chinese last Friday and the Butter Chrun Buffet in Aransas Pass on Saturday night. I was hoping for Mexfood at Senor Jaime's or Kiko's, but that didn't happen.

Yep, maybe we can catch ya at the next show. End of he month. Last one till August for C.C. town/Robstown.

Pancho_Villa
03-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Hey rjt,

Don't forget the SAXET show next weekend on the 28-29th. I may be back at my old place at the show. But if they have a concessin stand open there, I could be somewhere else.

Hope to see ya there. Should be wearing my Weather Channel ball cap.

rjt123
03-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Hey rjt,

Don't forget the SAXET show next weekend on the 28-29th. I may be back at my old place at the show. But if they have a concessin stand open there, I could be somewhere else.

Hope to see ya there. Should be wearing my Weather Channel ball cap.

Hey, Pancho!

The kids came with me to the Saxet show on Sunday afternoon. I looked around, but I didn't see anybody wearing a Weather Channel ball cap. Maybe I shoulda wore a carnation or something. :)

It was the first gunshow for both of them (daughter is 16, son is 14). They saw lots of stuff they liked. My boy knew a lot more of the exotic guns than I did (I guess playing video games does have some redeeming qualities after all). My daughter was more interested in the knives. We had fun, and we'll probably go next time around too. The wife still needs to go and handle some handguns and pick one she likes. That train has taken a long time to reach the station, but she is finally coming around. The stuff on the news is starting to make her pay attention to personal safety for the first time.

Hope the show went well for you. Try to catch you next time.

Pancho_Villa
04-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Hadn't had a chance to respond till now. We decided to stay at La Quinta at Old Brownsville & SPID, near the Harley shop. We were there till Monday night. Had to stay and see the M in law near there at a nursing home. Had Dr. Appts. on Tues. in Kingsville. Went back to C.C. on Thurs. to to have daughter's car worked on. Went agin on Sat to Kingsville for shopping & dinner, pick ups son cause his car was in the shop. Did alot of cooking over the weekend. Finally all is over, but we have to to got C.C. again maybe Wed or Thurs. for the M in law again. At ;east O didn't have to cook most of the week. Got to hit Red Lobster, J. Carino's, Maggie's Italian, Kiko's Mex. and a few others while there.

Actually the show was a bust for me. Couldn't talk anyone out of anything for cheap. Crowd was down on Sat. and really slow Sunday. I was standing out in the aisle on Sunday stopping people that were just walking by. Guess I didn't stop ya. I was kinda way at the back on the 4th row. Not great cause I was surrounded by access. & jewely dealers. Probably why ya didn't go back there. Hardly anyone else did either.

Figure everyone was at the beach in Port A. Weatherwas much better than Spring break weekend.

Stay in touch!!!!

Pancho_Villa
05-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Hey rjt,

Are ya getting enough rain? We were suppose to go to the Pink Floyd laser light show at Concrete Street on Sat night. Looks like there are will be no roads open to get into Corpus Christi. Kinda blows my chances to get to the Gulf Coast Gun Show in Aransas Pass also.

Any flooding in your area?

muggsy
05-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey, Pancho! Yeah, sorry I didn't make it to the show. I would much rather have gone to the gunshow than what happened instead.

On Friday I was moving a heavy ammo box and managed to start up an awful muscle spasm in my back. I've had trouble with that for years. I spent the entire weekend laid up in bed alternating a heating pad and ice pack and working the pain pills and muscle relaxers. I went to work on Monday even though I had to walk slowly and bent forward at the waist. Couldn't even stand up all the way straight. It's slowly getting better, but when you're really hurting it seems like forever. :(

Isn't the next Corpus Christi (Robstown, really) Saxet show at the end of March? It's been too long since I've been to one. Hoping to make it to the next show. :)

Unless you have a pace maker, get yerself a TENS unit. Best thing since sliced bread and striker fired pistols. TENS is an acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. A little electro-stimulation and the pain is gone. I'm not a Dr., but I play one on this forum. So easy even Jocko can use one. Check with yer sawbones for his recommendation.

Pancho_Villa
05-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Can that TENS unit be used for some kinda sex thing too? It sounds like a muscle spasm relaxer. I have some diabetic nerve pain. Maybe I can ask if it will work for that?