PDA

View Full Version : New P9 Owner from California

mmesa005
02-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Hello All,

On a recent visit to my local gun shop I found a P9 that was previously owned by a LEO for sale. After reading about the P9 and watching a couple of YouTube videos I decided to make the purchase. Unfortunately I have to wait another 20 days before I can pick up the P9 and take it to the range!

I am looking forward to learning more about Kahr and how to best care and feed the P9!

PS - is it 30 posts before being granted AVATAR privileges?

Shadetree
02-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Hello All,

On a recent visit to my local gun shop I found a P9 that was previously owned by a LEO for sale. After reading about the P9 and watching a couple of YouTube videos I decided to make the purchase. Unfortunately I have to wait another 20 days before I can pick up the P9 and take it to the range!

I am looking forward to learning more about Kahr and how to best care and feed the P9!

PS - is it 30 posts before being granted AVATAR privileges?

Welcome to the forum mmesa005. Have a P9 also but turned it into a P9 Covert and have been really happy with it. No malfunctions at all and has been very reliable. Check the forum for info on lubrication and it makes big difference following the proper procedure.
Shadetree

Nytcrawler93
02-16-2015, 03:28 PM
So, were you able to make your covert a true flush fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmesa005
02-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Yes, please expand on the Covert and what is entailed with that modification?

Shadetree
02-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes, please expand on the Covert and what is entailed with that modification?

Yes, fortunately I have a MK9 and was able to get the measurements off it and figure out how much needed to be removed. Took some pictures and save the piece that I removed so it would be to duplicate. Don't think I'm able to post pictures yet but send me a PM with your email address and I can send you pictures.
Shadetree

Pancho_Villa
02-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Muy bueno compadre!!!! Congrats on your new pistola.

mmesa005
02-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Gracias!