PDA

View Full Version : Feel good story for Bawanna

Harrylee
02-17-2015, 05:56 PM
This from awhile back still doesn’t take away from the feel good story. So yes there are still good cops that are good people. Now I know Bawanna always like a feel good story:)

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/11/plano-police-officer-wraps-100-bill-in-traffic-ticket/

wyntrout
02-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Dang! I wish that we had "Like" buttons here!

Wynn :)

muggsy
02-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Geez, When I was a kid we gave the officers our licenses wrapped in a $100 bill. Times have changed! :) Good story, HarryLee.

GA_Sheepdog
02-18-2015, 04:52 AM
Geez, When I was a kid we gave the officers our licenses wrapped in a $100 bill. Times have changed! :) Good story, HarryLee.

Yeah, instead of people bribing the police to get out of trouble, the police are bribing people just to like them. Then the people drive off and still hate the police.

muggsy
02-18-2015, 05:27 AM
Most people don't hate the police. Just a few malcontents.

GA_Sheepdog
02-18-2015, 05:57 AM
Most people don't hate the police. Just a few malcontents.

You're probably right. It sure doesn't feel that way sometimes though.

Bawanna
02-18-2015, 10:15 AM
You're probably right. It sure doesn't feel that way sometimes though.

Amen brother! When your profession is a trash collector the trash generally hates ya and the hate spreads to otherwise good folks who hate to see the trash collected. Uninformed trash lovers I guess.

I love you Sheepdog, if that helps in the slightest little bit, not in any mano mano way ya understand.

I'm just a sheepdog office puke but folks hate me too cause I hang out with sheepdogs. Guilt by association as it were.

GA_Sheepdog
02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Amen brother! When your profession is a trash collector the trash generally hates ya and the hate spreads to otherwise good folks who hate to see the trash collected. Uninformed trash lovers I guess.

I love you Sheepdog, if that helps in the slightest little bit, not in any mano mano way ya understand.

I'm just a sheepdog office puke but folks hate me too cause I hang out with sheepdogs. Guilt by association as it were.

Lmao! Thanks for the love brother, I feel honored. Sometimes it feels like all we have is each other. I know theres plenty of people that still like the police but it feels like it's becoming less and less, especially after the recent events.

Bawanna
02-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Don't let the hate overwelm. None of the recent events from what I know were a bad thing on LE's part.
Not to say there aren't some overzealous officers that turn mole hills into mountains but they are the exception.
There are still a vast majority of folks that like and appreciate LE except maybe those sneaky motorcycle speed trap cops, everybody hates those. The folks that like us just stay inside when the riots start and don't make a fuss.

GA_Sheepdog
02-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Don't let the hate overwelm. None of the recent events from what I know were a bad thing on LE's part.
Not to say there aren't some overzealous officers that turn mole hills into mountains but they are the exception.
There are still a vast majority of folks that like and appreciate LE except maybe those sneaky motorcycle speed trap cops, everybody hates those. The folks that like us just stay inside when the riots start and don't make a fuss.

Thank you and I won't brother. I'm glad there's still good folks left in this world. I do like all the videos of protest leading going through police simulator training and coming away with a different outlook about the career.

muggsy
02-20-2015, 06:30 AM
Lmao! Thanks for the love brother, I feel honored. Sometimes it feels like all we have is each other. I know theres plenty of people that still like the police but it feels like it's becoming less and less, especially after the recent events.

Any one in a blue uniform is a friend of mine. It's a holdover from my Navy days. :)

Dbholfo
02-21-2015, 08:29 PM
My brother and a nephew are LEOs so I support the police. There are bad apples who get on but they show themselves and are gone. My brother trained most of the young guys in his PD so when he became Professional Standards (IA) anyone who messed up answered to him.

I got got pulled a few weeks ago for jumping a center divider to avoid a breakdown. The officer was very professional and ran my license. I had informed him I was a CCL holder as our law requires. I was waiting and feeling stupid, knowing I did wrong when he came and handed me back my license. He told me he didn't want to mess up my 40 year clean record and told me to be careful and let me go. When you deserve a ticket you appreciate officers who have compassion.

Baklash
02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm sure the officer felt extremely good about his gracious actions. All the LEO's here can get that same warm feeling. Just send your $100 bills to me.:Amflag2:
Have a couple LEO's in my family, including my long departed Dad, so I have my own warm feeling there. Two thumbs up.