PDA

View Full Version : If one is good - two is awesome

silverstring
02-19-2015, 11:01 AM
How my trip to eagle farm started. My wife chose a Beretta Tomcat ( without my input ) as her carry three years ago - only accurate up to 10 feet or so. I wanted to get her to a bigger cal and prove to her she could shoot accurately , just not with a Tomcat. So I started out by getting a Ruger MarkIII and let her shoot that. She was amazed with the accuracy and fell in love with the heavy balanced handgun idea. SO I researched for 4 months and came up with a long list of potential pistols for her to try. Typical list Glocks/Kahrs/HK VP9,Walther PPQ,Sigs,Smiths etc..We did a few range rentals and visited a few LGS's. One Sunday we visited Carter's Country and the clerk even stayed with us through her handling 8 pistols. Then it happened: I asked the clerk if he had any CZ's or similar full size all steel pistols, and out came the Baby Eagle. Wife immediately fell in love, it was a perfect ergo for her. So for a tad over $600 we were out the door.
Next wknd went to the range - This pistol is amazing. So comfortable and very accurate ( better than my 1911's ). Wife very surprised by how accurate it was for her - first time she ever tried the 65' distance marker - and was hitting 5inch groups - now for her that is miraculous! Well I told her I would have to get one as well , because it is the best shooter I ever tried. Next week the same pistol went on sale for $60 less at Carter's - so not only did I get a $60 credit from her purchase ( price match guarantee ) , it was on sale for $569. So with the credit I was out the door for a bit over $500 , put a Hogue wrap around grip on it , and I am shooting 3inch groups at 100feet.

Wish I could post pics - but this forum only allows url not local. So no joy.

b4uqzme
02-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Good job on the Baby Eagles. You will love them.

warbird1
02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
I'll second that. Excellent firearms!

Flieger
02-23-2015, 08:36 PM
The CZ design is really one of the best out there. It just so happens that the Baby Eagle is the nicest looking of the bunch. I have to admit, I have been looking for a Sphinx. The slide running inside the frame is so logical and with polygonal rifling, how can you do better. My Baby is one of my favorites.

silverstring
02-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Good job on the Baby Eagles. You will love them.
I do - ran 50 115grn and 50 128 gr ball through it today - shooting bullseyes out of 3 targets at 20 yards. So simple to be accurate with these pistols.