PDA

View Full Version : Did Kahr buy Magnum Research?

TD2K
07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
According to the guy at the local gun store, Kahr just bought Magnum Research. Anyone else hear of this?

Guess I need to hurry up and buy a Desert Eagle. ;)

joshh
07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
hope i can get a desert eagle here in ma soon!
here is official from kahr site:
Kahr Arms Purchases Magnum Research

June 9, 2010
PEARL RIVER, NY – Kahr Arms, the well known American based producer of high quality compact pistols has announced its recent purchase of Minnesota-based firearms manufacturer, Magnum Research, maker of the Desert Eagle pistol.
Kahr Arms takes pride in its ability to offer customers a selection of unique niche-type firearms, such as the world famous “Tommy Gun” and Auto-Ordnance line of M1 .30 caliber carbines. The addition of Magnum Research products to the Kahr Arms family will provide Kahr Arms and Auto-Ordnance customers another unique line of firearms to choose from.
Magnum Research® was founded in 1979 and was responsible for the design and the development of the Desert Eagle pistol. The firearms in its current product lineup include the Desert Eagle® (available in .50 AE, .44 Magnum, or .357 Magnum), Baby Desert Eagle® Fast Action Pistol (9mm, .40 S&W), Desert Eagle® 1911, Micro Desert Eagle™ (.380 ACP), Magnum’s BFR (Revolvers in .44 Magnum, .45 LC/.410 or .45/70), Mountain Eagle™ (Rifles in .22/250, .223, .30-06, .280 and 7mm) and Magnum Lite® (Rifles in .22LR, .22WMR or .17 Mach-2).
To learn more about these products and more that will be offered through Kahr Arms, visit www.magnumresearch.com (http://www.magnumresearch.com/).
Visit www.kahr.com (http://www.kahr.com/) to learn more about Kahr Arms, or contact Monica Arnold -Blue August at monica@blueaugust.com.

TD2K
07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Joshh. Interesting. Do you all think Kahr will change things up a bit, or leave alone?

Bawanna
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Joshh. Interesting. Do you all think Kahr will change things up a bit, or leave alone?

I suspect not much will change. There was no harm done when they bought Thompson and in some respects I think they actually improved.
Money just takes a different route and it gives Kahr some playing cards in the big gun arena.
Time will tell how they play them.
Always wanted a 50AE but the things are just huge in my hands. Still want one though.

mhphoto
07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Still waiting for the P50 AE... :2eek::madgrin: