PDA

View Full Version : How do I "like" a post?

Higgy Baby
03-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I have seen a couple post i would like to put a like on...but can't figure out how.
I'm a new member.....maybe I need a minimum number of posts?

RRP
03-09-2015, 02:01 PM
That function does not appear to be enabled on this forum. Maybe that's a good thing. On forums that allow this feature, it sometimes degenerates into a popularity contest. Now, even Jocko can be as popular as the next guy. :D

ripley16
03-09-2015, 02:15 PM
You can rate threads. Will that do? I never use it, but it's there.

Higgy Baby
03-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Okay....I can live with it.
When I read a post I like- I'll give a thumbs up to the web cam, and if I don't like it.....I'll use a different digit.
Only down side to that......no one will know but me.

b4uqzme
03-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Huh. I never liked any posts on this here forum. Go figure. ;) Then again nobody ever liked any of mine either. :rolleyes:

I kinda like your "finger/thumb" method. Mind if I copy it? I rated ya EXCELLENT btw.

GROTMAN
03-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Okay....I can live with it.
When I read a post I like- I'll give a thumbs up to the web cam, and if I don't like it.....I'll use a different digit.
Only down side to that......no one will know but me.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTrT6SXF7eBZzhFGyRwcttQ-PaVMFCsmPgtwxk7f5TzW4O-L2ARw (http://lumpyone.blogspot.com/2014/09/thumbs-down.html)

Don't keep it to your self. Something along the lines of this will get the message across.. ;)

muggsy
03-10-2015, 06:09 AM
+1 Rating posts is highly overrated. :)

Higgy Baby
03-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Okay.....I think I'm getting the picture. I'll improvise a little.
I just need something to do in frustration......If I don't have a button to push....I get carried away.
Then Agatha always sticks here head in the door and asks me WTH am I talking about....and to who?

muggsy
12-31-2015, 06:50 AM
I've found that I can push some peoples buttons in a heartbeat without half trying. I can be more irritating than diaper rash if I wanna be. I like everyone on this website except for those idiots who take everything that I say with more than a grain of salt. :)

Gun Doctor
12-31-2015, 07:02 AM
More irritating than diaper rash??? Are you saying you're "pissy?" Seriously, I like the way my brother does it. he drives one of those stupid little Fiats, and with the full knowledge that any pick-up on the road could run him over and not notice, when he "flips someone off," he holds up five fingers on one hand, and two on the other. When I asked him what the heck that was, he told me it was a whole week's supply of the bird!

Tpepper70
12-31-2015, 07:15 AM
I use Tapatalk and have an option to like, or thumbs up, a post.

Cruce Dum Spiro Fido

Bawanna
12-31-2015, 08:48 AM
Aw man, that's probably what happened. I heard a big clunk last week in my van, even a deaf guy like me heard it, mechanic found a Fiat ornament plate thingy stuffed up in a cross bar in the frame, figured it must have bounced up off the road somehow, maybe I ran over the whole dang car and didn't now it?

yqtszhj
12-31-2015, 09:06 AM
Thats funny. So it sounds like Fiats are falling apart so maybe a guy who worked for me in the past that told me FIAT stood for "Fix It Again Tony" might be right. Of course as little as they are you may have ran over it and thought it was a pot hole.

berettabone
12-31-2015, 03:28 PM
http://www.classicitaliancarsforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/7.jpg When I was in my 20's, I worked at a dealership that sold Fiat, Lancia, and Alpha Romeo. This 1975 Fiat Bravo was, and still is one of the nicest/ most fun cars I have driven. A 4 cylinder that winds up to 6000rpm and just starts running good. You could slide that thing around corners like a professional driver, and the shifting(stick) who needs a stinking clutch. When the engine is revving at 6500 rpm, the shifter just seems to slide right in, no clutch. It's too bad that the U.S. couldn't make motors like that at the time. It's also too bad that the metal around these things was paper thin, and this car was not made for winter. The interior was not plush, but surprisingly comfortable. Up nort here, they turned to rust buckets in 5 years, but in warm country, it would have been a nice car. It was a great grocery getter, but also good for long haul.

b4uqzme
12-31-2015, 04:33 PM
I had a similar vintage Fiat 124 Sport Coupe a way back then. Probably the best thing that could have happened to it was when a 16 year old driving his aunt's Trans Am ran a stop sign and totaled it for me...before it could start breaking on its own. ;)