PDA

View Full Version : Near Fatal Shotgun Mistake Captured on Video

downtownv
03-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Near Fatal Shotgun Mistake Captured on Video

MARCH 11 2015
BY DAN CANNON
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-near-fatal-shotgun-mistake-captured-on-video/?utm_source=Guns+Save+Lives+Daily+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=b358fce9c3-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eaeaa815c4-b358fce9c3-65814029

It’s always a good time to talk about gun safety, so today I give you this video.
I’m sure many of you have seen it as it’s nothing new, but just illustrates how quickly things can go wrong if you don’t exercise the four rules of firearms safety and treat every firearm with respect.
Here are the four rules of firearms safety for reference:
1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Stay safe folks.

CJB
03-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Wait a second.... let me grab my DOUCHE MALLET and whack that sumbitch with it!

marcinstl
03-12-2015, 07:33 PM
oh come on that guy stole that gag from the 3 Stooges. nobody is really dumb enough to look down the barrel. or are they?

CJB
03-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Hey Rufus, what you see down that there barrel on the shotgun? Anythin' much happ'nin' inside the works of it?

ltxi
03-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Too bad he missed.....

Longitude Zero
03-13-2015, 12:05 PM
This has ben on the internet for quite some time. I have downloaded it and when I need a good laugh I watch it. The only thing that saved that sumbitch was the gun flexed as it fired. Otherwise his head comes clean off.

Buzzard45
03-13-2015, 12:17 PM
I guess this oldie still holds true: The world is like a fruitcake, it wouldn`t be complete without some NUTS.
ruined a perfectly good cap.

muggsy
03-13-2015, 02:28 PM
I've never seen a hang fire that took more than a fraction of a second except for one in a muzzleloader. I call BS on this vid.

hardluk1
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
wow, wow, wow . What a du-mass and what a hang fire . wow. If that shotgun had not bucked under a little bit he would get to see his forehaed explode

berettabone
03-13-2015, 03:26 PM
If you watch very closely, you can see his hat fly off, a second before you hear the gunblast..................didn't see any smoke, either.:p

wyntrout
03-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I had a few hangfires with my Remington 1100 while shooting trap and skeet back in the 70's... took several seconds to go off... time to un-shoulder the gun and then decide to keep it pointed safely. I always keep the barrel pointed downrange for at least 10 seconds with any misfires.

Wynn

knkali
03-14-2015, 08:34 AM
I've never seen a hang fire that took more than a fraction of a second except for one in a muzzleloader. I call BS on this vid.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't have the stones to say it.

muggsy
03-14-2015, 03:52 PM
Years ago a friend of mine was sitting on a farm implement playing mumble fumble with the top tang safety of his shotgun. The muzzle was pointed straight up with the buttstock resting on his knee. As the safety went froward his finger which was on the trigger pulled down. When the gun went off it scared the crap out of him and he couldn't hear properly for three days. I still laugh every time that I think about the stunned look on his face.