PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got the call

TD2K
07-08-2010, 10:40 AM
That my Conceal Carry License is in. I've been waiting about 2.5 months for it.

I'm as giddy as a little school girl. Heading to the sheriff's office to pick it up as soon as I get off work. I'll FINALLY be legal ;)

Bawanna
07-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Congratulations! :cheer2::cheer2: Christmas in July?:cool:

Sad that it takes 2 1/2 months to get a permit where you are. If we go to the sheriffs office I've seen them done in 3 days, and they mail them to you. Here at the city it takes a little longer but usually less than 10 days.
At least your legal and ready to take on the streets.

TD2K
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, here in the good ole state of Oklahoma we have take a class, get our passport photos, and then bring in our completed application to the local sheriff's office. Give them $25 for fingerprints, and a check for $100 to OSBI, and then play the waiting game. The sheriff's office has 14 days to do the background check, then they send the info to OSBI and they have 30-90 days to get it back to the Sheriff's office. Which seems like an ETERNITY. I did my fingerprints on May 27th.

ORSalesRep
07-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Congrats!!! I remember waiting on my Ohio CCW. After receiving that, I applied for Florida, which also went much quicker than I had heard it would go. Only took about 45 days for me, being a non-resident.