PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight

b4uqzme
03-26-2015, 06:38 PM
I'll admit I thought Wynn was looney when he sold his K9 preferring his P models. Well I apologize Wynn. Since buying a CM45 I have developed a new appreciation for light weight: as long as the pistol is shootable and reliable and in a viable chambering. The CM45 is all 3. I actually bought it on a whim and only started carrying it because it was convenient and already dirty from break-in. At the risk of being trite: it really does disappear on my hip. While I will never sell my steel Kahrs, this CM is taking priority for now. I also posted that I switched from carrying a Ruger SP101 to a SW Airweight as my carry revolver. Light weight doesn't suck. And a few ounces do make a difference. Maybe I'll spend some time on the treadmill. ;)

OldFatGuy
03-26-2015, 06:58 PM
I'll admit I thought Wynn was looney when he sold his K9 preferring his P models. Well I apologize Wynn. Since buying a CM45 I have developed a new appreciation for light weight: as long as the pistol is shootable and reliable and in a viable chambering. The CM45 is all 3. I actually bought it on a whim and only started carrying it because it was convenient and already dirty from break-in. At the risk of being trite: it really does disappear on my hip. While I will never sell my steel Kahrs, this CM is taking priority for now. I also posted that I switched from carrying a Ruger SP101 to a SW Airweight as my carry revolver. Light weight doesn't suck. And a few ounces do make a difference. Maybe I'll spend some time on the treadmill. ;)

I switched from cookies to fruits, that seems to be helping. I also like my lightweight CM40, 15.8 ounces for a .40, awesome.

BEARDOG
03-26-2015, 07:25 PM
I agree the CM45 is a great lightweight carry gun. Then again, all my kahrs are. The CM45 is actually the heaviest kahr I own... B4 you should try a CM9 sometime it is only 14oz!

b4uqzme
03-26-2015, 08:40 PM
^^^ Saw a used blunt nose PM9 once and came real close...:eek:

muggsy
03-27-2015, 04:30 PM
I once asked my gunsmith father if we could lighten my .30-06. He told me to lose twenty pounds and carry two of them. Smart guy my old man. The one thing that a light gun has going for it is that you carry it one hell of a lot longer than you shoot it.

muggsy
03-27-2015, 04:36 PM
I once made the mistake of saying "good enough". My "old man" corrected me. He said that there was no such thing as "good enough". He said that your work was either good or it was NFG and that there was no in between. He told me that when I was born that he gave me his name and never to sign his name to work that was "good enough". I haven't and I'll remember his words until my dying day. Thanks, Pop.

berettabone
03-29-2015, 09:50 AM
I quit the soda, white bread, sweets thing a long time ago...............hasn't helped me lose weight, but I haven't gained either. Carrying my MK around is a bit heavy, but I really like the firearm.

ltxi
03-29-2015, 03:49 PM
I once made the mistake of saying "good enough". My "old man" corrected me. He said that there was no such thing as "good enough". He said that your work was either good or it was NFG and that there was no in between. He told me that when I was born that he gave me his name and never to sign his name to work that was "good enough". I haven't and I'll remember his words until my dying day. Thanks, Pop.

Was raised with that philosophy myself and it's served me admirably through both personal life and professional career. Leastwise once stopped confusing good, damn good, and excellent with 99.999+% perfection.