PDA

View Full Version : HK P2000sk

berettabone
04-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Came home with this earlier today, after a trade....................................Barth would be proud:p V3..........XS Big Dots front and rear. Larger mag release.

ripley16
04-23-2015, 03:50 AM
Congratulations, IMHO the P2000sk is the best concealed carry pistol available today. It just oozes competence. It's small and easy to conceal yet shoots like a larger duty sized gun. Everything about the size, shape, controls and quality fits the bill. Even the sounds it makes exude confidence. You're going to love this one. I've carried one for about eight years without any problems what-so-ever. For range time I also use my USPc mags, which are longer, (like using a T9 mag in a PM9). Enjoy your new HK.

What type of aftermarket product is that on the grip? Do you like it?

Here's my baby.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Current%20Pistols/Currentpistols018.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/ripley16/media/Pistols/Current%20Pistols/Currentpistols018.jpg.html)

berettabone
04-23-2015, 08:16 AM
They are the Talon grips.......................not sure if I like them yet, I didn't put them on.

diablo53
04-23-2015, 09:04 AM
I want one! My first pistol was a .40 USP. That gun ruined me for the .40 caliber round, I have not found a gun that shoots that round as soft as my USP. To me it shoots softer than my wife's P30 9mm.

berettabone
04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
This shoots .40 real soft............................

berettabone
04-24-2015, 07:37 AM
Congratulations, IMHO the P2000sk is the best concealed carry pistol available today. It just oozes competence. It's small and easy to conceal yet shoots like a larger duty sized gun. Everything about the size, shape, controls and quality fits the bill. Even the sounds it makes exude confidence. You're going to love this one. I've carried one for about eight years without any problems what-so-ever. For range time I also use my USPc mags, which are longer, (like using a T9 mag in a PM9). Enjoy your new HK.

What type of aftermarket product is that on the grip? Do you like it?

Here's my baby.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Current%20Pistols/Currentpistols018.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/ripley16/media/Pistols/Current%20Pistols/Currentpistols018.jpg.html)

Have you changed any springs to lighten up that da pull???????????????????

ripley16
04-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Have you changed any springs to lighten up that da pull???????????????????

No. I like it as is. The first shot, in DA, is not so heavy as to bother me. I only shoot DA in a drill or two in which I point and shoot rather quickly. If I were trying for a long accurate slow target style shot I'd cock the hammer. As a CCW, I prefer a heavier pull, especially in a gun without a safety, which I also would rather not have. The pull is around 10 lbs in DA, about the same as my Seecamp and previous CCW, a Beretta 84, so I am pretty used to it. I considered the LEM when I bought the gun but, again, I'm comfortable with and used to DA/SA.

I have an extra flat mag base around here somewhere that I don't need. You want it? I think it also fits a .40.

berettabone
04-24-2015, 09:28 AM
I also prefer da/sa firearms with decocker and safety. I was fine with the trigger on my Beretta 96, but changed the mainspring out, and it really made a nice difference. I know that you can get a 10# mainspring, and cut it down, to lighten the da pull. Was curious as to how much of a difference it would make. I also owned an 84, which I used at my ccw qualification. Nice firearm, but just didn't fit in my firearm niche. Would you happen to know which size Pachmayr grip glove

will fit on the 2000sk? Sure, I would take the mag base, if you don't need it. What I could really use, is that stupid lock key.:) I know I don't need it, and wouldn't use it, but I like to keep my firearms complete from the factory, if possible. I am still not sure if this one will replace my MK9 though............................................

ripley16
04-24-2015, 10:23 AM
I meant I do not prefer a safety. Poor wording on my part.

I don't use a Pachmayr glove on the P2000sk but I do on my polymer Kahrs. I like the finger bump.

PM your address and I'll start looking for the base. I've never used, or touched for that matter, the key lock... I'll look for it too.

I occasionally do a "shoot off" with all the guns I consider carry worthy; my K and T size Kahrs, (I have a K9 with elite trigger, NS and laser that I like a lot), Glock 19, Walther PPS and even my HK USPc and P7. I always come to the same conclusion... the P2000sk is the best gun for me. It does everything I want a gun to do - perfectly. It makes me smile.

berettabone
04-24-2015, 10:50 AM
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so we'll see how it goes. I'm not a bullseye shooter............I am hoping that the accuracy will be a bit better at longer distances, than the MK. I realize that the MK isn't a distance gun, for me, it's good at 10 yds. or under.............hopefully, the HK will stretch that out a bit................ I love .40 cal..............I don't have too much issue with the recoil, like many others seem to have. If they could take my 96 and shrink it down to Kahr size, it would be my ultimate firearm for carry:p I still have a revolver at the smith, getting trigger work, so I have 2 new firearms to shoot. It's been a while since I've been in that position. The wife will be coming along, basically, to get accustomed to the revolver.

O'Dell
04-24-2015, 07:05 PM
My two compact HK 45's have been perfect as far as performance goes. However, so have my two Kahr 45's. The HK's can't compare with the Kahrs for size, lightness, and ease of carry, so the Kahrs will remain in my holster or pocket 90% of the time.

Barth
04-25-2015, 07:32 AM
Came home with this earlier today, after a trade....................................Barth would be proud:p V3..........XS Big Dots front and rear. Larger mag release.

LOL!
The P2000SK is a sub-compact that shoots like full size.
IMHO a highly underrated and outstanding handgun.
You will enjoy.:cool:

BTW I personally prefer the flat mag base plates.
http://i.imgur.com/h0iiol.jpg

berettabone
04-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Do you happen to know which size Pachmayr grip glove will fit on the 2000sk??????????????????????

Barth
04-25-2015, 09:40 AM
Do you happen to know which size Pachmayr grip glove will fit on the 2000sk??????????????????????

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK."
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-QWL-FwX4t4/maxresdefault.jpg

LOL!
I have both Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove and Hogue Handall jr for my SK.
Generally any grip sleeve that fits a Glock G27 will fit a SK just fine.

Barth

berettabone
05-22-2015, 09:56 AM
I finally got out to the range yesterday, to shoot the HK for the first time, and shot 225 rds. The first three mags I shot were from 15 yds........................... 1 second interval rapid fire(had to follow club rules) between shots. I didn't think I did too bad for the first time. Love those XS Big dots. Moved out to 25 yds. for the rest. This is the 15 yd. target, 7 1/2" ring. I was pleasantly surprised at the 25 yd. accuracy also. Pretty easy to keep them in an 8" ring. I'm happy. Shoot it a lot better than what I traded for it. A few fliers as expected.:o

Barth
05-23-2015, 06:06 AM
I finally got out to the range yesterday, to shoot the HK for the first time, and shot 225 rds. The first three mags I shot were from 15 yds........................... 1 second interval rapid fire(had to follow club rules) between shots. I didn't think I did too bad for the first time. Love those XS Big dots. Moved out to 25 yds. for the rest. This is the 15 yd. target, 7 1/2" ring. I was pleasantly surprised at the 25 yd. accuracy also. Pretty easy to keep them in an 8" ring. I'm happy. Shoot it a lot better than what I traded for it. A few fliers as expected.:o

My MK40 Elite is noticeably more accurate with any 180 gr bullets.
Many of my handguns prefer a particular weight and/or manufacturer ammo.
Recommend you try 155/165/180 gr and see if your SK has a favorite.

b4uqzme
05-23-2015, 06:40 AM
^^^ +1. I too have noticed that bullet weight makes a difference.

berettabone
05-23-2015, 07:33 AM
My MK40 Elite is noticeably more accurate with any 180 gr bullets.
Many of my handguns prefer a particular weight and/or manufacturer ammo.
Recommend you try 155/165/180 gr and see if your SK has a favorite.

Used 180gr for the first round............................................. ....at rapid fire, I didn't expect any better, until I am used to the firearm, but I know what you mean.........................................