PDA

View Full Version : My glock shoots left and no groups.

Gene Hackman
04-29-2015, 11:40 PM
I recently replaced the firing pin in my glock 22. I don't know if this is related but now it shoots left. Even at 5 yards my shots are inches to the left from my point of aim and I can't get groups. The target looks like a 6 year old shot it. I have good stance and don't anticipate the trigger. I can dry fire it with a coin on top of the slide without the coin moving. What is going on? Is it me or the gun?

RRP
04-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Is it me or the gun?

I bet you're right-handed.

Shoot the gun with your left-hand only. That will answer your question.

kenemoore
04-30-2015, 03:30 AM
To ensure it is the gun and not the shooter, have someone else fire a mag or two and see if the results are the same.
I recently purchased a used PM9 and found the front site was loose, it moved to the left and I shot to the right.
Check your sites for movement too.

Pointblank
04-30-2015, 04:21 AM
With Glocks it's usually the shooter using too much trigger finger. Try the first pad, not the crease. Also, this video will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-UbatREbo

ESAFO
04-30-2015, 04:49 AM
it could also be the ammo, have you changed brands?
could be your grip, hard to say it could be a number of things.

340pd
04-30-2015, 08:06 AM
What Pointblank said. Try putting less finger on the trigger. (it's a Glock thing)

JohnR
04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
With the large flat top of a Glock slide, I wouldn't put too much faith in the coin test. Try shooting from a rest - use a bag, or hold your hands on the bench top.

I have similar issues shooting 1911s, and got a .22LR slide kit to see if I can train myself out of it. They make them for Glocks too, if you want to go that route.

berettabone
04-30-2015, 08:42 AM
:popcorn:

ltxi
04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
What Pointblank said. Try putting less finger on the trigger. (it's a Glock thing)

As with any other single action....:rain:

marcinstl
04-30-2015, 03:53 PM
when the "gunsmith" replaced the firing pin, the slide might have had some sort of accident and the sights are out of adjustment. do all of the above. then get the sights lined up. (or I can give you my recipe for the 32oz. bloody mary that will have you out shooting Yosemite Sam--- yeehaw!)

jocko
04-30-2015, 04:46 PM
I bet you're right-handed.

Shoot the gun with your left-hand only. That will answer your question.

I bet he is to. I shoot my groups right, I a left handed. I guess thats why they make a dovetail rear site to.ADJUSt.

snap caps will show whatu are doing wrong. If ur consistant with bad form as I seem to be, one can adjust to it. Probably best if possable to learn the right way from the git go. Again a half dozen snap caps in with 30 live rounds and let anutter person oad ur magazine, sou don't know if u have one, two or none in the magazine. trust me, it will show big time and it will show up fast to. dry firing IMO doesnt prove alot, as u knowthat there is no bang thing gonna happen, so u don't anticipate the shot. Minute chance the rear sight is not set right either, but I douobt that. My bet, shooter error, join the club.. Just sayin

berettabone
05-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Sounds like your going through an awful lot of firearms. Try shooting one at a time, and becoming proficient. Keep changing up firearms, and you'll never get used to it..............................

ltxi
05-02-2015, 03:10 PM
I bet he is to. I shoot my groups right, I a left handed. I guess thats why they make a dovetail rear site to.ADJUSt.

snap caps will show whatu are doing wrong. If ur consistant with bad form as I seem to be, one can adjust to it. Probably best if possable to learn the right way from the git go. Again a half dozen snap caps in with 30 live rounds and let anutter person oad ur magazine, sou don't know if u have one, two or none in the magazine. trust me, it will show big time and it will show up fast to. dry firing IMO doesnt prove alot, as u knowthat there is no bang thing gonna happen, so u don't anticipate the shot. Minute chance the rear sight is not set right either, but I douobt that. My bet, shooter error, join the club.. Just sayin

Very sound advice! Use that myself if I'm having an issue. And at my age I no longer need another person to load the mags...crs senility sometimes has advantages, kinda like that being able to hide my own Easter Eggs thingy.