PDA

View Full Version : any video's of G43 vs...?

marcinstl
05-04-2015, 11:08 AM
waiting for the vs video's of the G43 vs LC9s or G43 vs PPS, maybe a G43 vs Shield. hope the youtube gun experts get busy on this.

gb6491
05-04-2015, 01:37 PM
waiting for the vs video's of the G43 vs LC9s or G43 vs PPS, maybe a G43 vs Shield. hope the youtube gun experts get busy on this.
Here's one I watched recently (G43 vs M&P Shield):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThSA03NOGfE
Regards,
Greg

JimBianchi
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Hickock45 did a great G43 vs several carry guns this month.

Worth a look.

Confirmed what I already new, I don't need or want a G43.

(I have three Kahr guns, a G26 and a Shield, no safety)

marcinstl
05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
do you have a pocket holster for your chubby little G26? how does that work? G26, pocket gun?

muggsy
05-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me. (With apologies to Mae West.)

JimBianchi
05-04-2015, 11:52 PM
I can pocket carry my G26 in custom leather holster I made( I'm freakishly large and tall). Works great in cargo shorts. Since losing weight IWB is much more comfortable so I carry it that way.

I only pocket carry my CM9 in an AHolster.

Pointblank
05-05-2015, 05:43 AM
I have a CM9 for pocket carry and a 9mm PPS for belt carry. If I do get a 43, it won't be for at least a year, (after the bugs are worked out), and then only to add to my collection.

marcinstl
05-05-2015, 07:31 PM
"I can pocket carry my G26 in custom leather holster". Glock says the G26 is 1.18" wide, 6.4long x 4tall. that's about the same size as a j-frame and a little slimmer. how many million j-frames are in pockets? I still think somebody should review pockets instead of guns. for what it's worth Wrangler jeans are worthless.

jocko
05-06-2015, 10:17 AM
never shot a shield, but I own a G43 and it is definitely pocketable even though it is an inch longer than my PMJ9 and weights about 5 ounces more to. It is a very nice gun. My slide and barrel are at magna port as I write, . Ihae a set of dawson fiber optics that will go ion it when it comes back. I have 150 round sthrugh it flawlessly. I ,see no isses with the G43 as what they had withthe G42. WillI carry it? NO, MY P)MJ9 weighs loaded what the G43 weights empty, . I do shot the G43 uch better though and that hast to be the tgrigger I intend to trin my wi8fe on this gun as she cannoty ake the kahrs (any of them) work, utter than just pulling the trgger.
She can rack, empty, clear this G43 and she shoots it nicely to. When it gets back from magna port I am sure she will like it even better. I did buy from tactical inovations their all machined 1 roundf extenstion that IMO is about a 1/4" longer on the end than the factory mag. I must say these tacticasl extensions are the finest quaslity I have ever seen. Most makers would be plastic, these are machined and super. they also make a 2 round extenstion for the G43 mag, which I put on the extra magazine that came with the glock. The same magazines fits the G42 by the way, or at least the mag extensions fit botyh models.

Myu G43 rides in my PMJ9 uncle mikes #3 very nicely.

IMO its a darn nie gun and I predict it willbe one of Glocks besyt serllers. Made in austra also..So maybe that is why it might work right, as the G42 was made here.. Jusdt sayin

marcinstl
05-06-2015, 12:56 PM
jocko, thanks for the G43 story and review.
Glock 43, width= 1.02", weight loaded (7 rounds) = 22.36oz. the Glock 26 is 1.18" wide and weighs (11 rounds) 26.12oz.
ok, the G43 is 5/32" (or a fat 1/8th) narrower and weighs 4 oz. less. I guess at the Glock Marketing dept., that's a whole other kind of gun for a different market.

Alfonse
05-08-2015, 11:26 AM
I did buy from tactical inovations their all machined 1 roundf extenstion that IMO is about a 1/4" longer on the end than the factory mag. I must say these tacticasl extensions are the finest quaslity I have ever seen. Most makers would be plastic, these are machined and super. they also make a 2 round extenstion for the G43 mag, which I put on the extra magazine that came with the glock. The same magazines fits the G42 by the way, or at least the mag extensions fit botyh models.

Jocko, I have a question on the TTI mag extension. After you install it, the spring protrudes into the extension, so how do you ever take it off to clean the magazine or change the spring? Just wondering.