PDA

View Full Version : Question for CT9 owners, hows it running?

yqtszhj
05-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Question for CT9 owners out there. How is your CT9 functioning? Any feeding issues noticed after breakin? I know using the 8 round mags in cw and cm models have caused problems for some in the past.

I had a flawless CW9 and like a fool traded it for the CM9 when it came out instead of keeping both. My CW and CM both were/are flawless and I may need a CT9.

Bawanna
05-09-2015, 09:33 AM
I think you do need one.

yqtszhj
05-09-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm probably gonna sell a glock to fund it if i do. I'm thinking I won't miss the 30s too much and I'd shoot the Kahr more. Plus the Kahr trigger is nicer IMHO.

I thought about the CT45 but I can get 7 rounds in my CW45 with my act-mags so there is no gain there.

Bawanna
05-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Surely no one here would hold that swap against you. I recently parted with my G21 so I'm currently Glockless. I feel no remorse. Other than I intended to apply funds to another 1911. Stuff happened, funds gone, no 1911? Happens ya know. Cars, wives, houses, money grabbers they are.

I've actually owned probably a dozen or more glocks, usually end up going to an officer. One of those you can get another and know it'll be exactly like the last one.

2tango2
05-21-2015, 07:47 PM
CT9 probably one of softest shooting 9's I own. Can't be beat for the price

yqtszhj
05-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Sweet. I've been looking at it and then grab a gun sent me an email with cw9's on sale for $299. I've missed mine ever since I traded it and am now tempted.

Thanks for the response.

2tango2
05-22-2015, 09:14 PM
299 a nice price for the CW9. I got that email too.

ppsnatcher
05-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Shooting great, accurate, no malfunctions(only 100rds in).

Here's a CT9 for about the same price http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484677857

yqtszhj
05-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Shooting great, accurate, no malfunctions(only 100rds in).

Here's a CT9 for about the same price http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484677857
Sweet. Thanks.

Wlfman13
05-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Mine has 500 rounds through it (8 different brands) without a single hiccup. I couldn't have asked for a more flawless experience. I originally wanted a T9, but couldn't justify the price when I found the CT9 for $265, new.

overtheedge
06-27-2015, 01:53 PM
I love my ct9. It has been a shooting machine with zero issues.
I have over 1000 rounds through it not one problem.

normslee
08-30-2015, 11:14 AM
I purchased my Kahr CT9 from GrabAGun.com on Aug. 19 and it arrived at my FFL on Aug 24. On sale for $300.26 plus $5.99 shipping I went to the Kahr web site and done the warranty registration. While there I completed the Free Magazine Promotion online form. The next day Kahr sent me an email saying the magazine had just shipped. Kahr does care about their customers.
Then I proceeded to disassemble, inspect and lubricate the weapon. The feed ramp was highly polished. Everything looked just fine. It's evident the quality is there.
Went to the range today and fired the first 100 rounds through my Kahr. Targets were setup at 10 yards. Ammo included 115gr FMJ Federal, TulAmmo, and Perfecta. No failure to feed or failure to eject. The recoil was very, very mild. At 10 yards my Kahr CT9 hit about 1 inch high. As far as I'm concerned, this semi-auto is a great value and fits my hand perfectly. Also have my sights on a Kahr CT45 now on sale for the same price. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

2tango2
08-30-2015, 04:55 PM
CT45 shoots soft as well for such a light .45

yqtszhj
08-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Im up to about 500 rounds through my ct9. As a matter of fact it needs cleaning since i shot if this week. It doesnt bobble one bit. A good shooter.

Second Try
09-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Looking for my first pistol for CCW. How does the CT9 carry IWB?

JohnR
09-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Thin and light, no bigger than any of the other 8+1 carry guns, all the Kahr polymer guns carry fantastic.

hardluk1
09-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Its a great shooter and thin is always a plus . It is the physical size of a 1911 commander less the extended beaver tail . I carried a tp40 for some years , same size as the ct9 in a 2:15 position , barrel forward grip parallel to my belt and works well for me but works real well most in a rear carry forward cant holster . It does have a long grip to find what works best for you . Or you could buy a cw9 or P9 is for or K 9 if your a tucked while still looking good kind of guy . hahaha hehehe Those days are long gone .

JohnR
09-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Surely it's smaller than a Commander?

yqtszhj
09-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Height and legnth is about like a commander. BUT... weight is much better and only .9 inches thick. It carries well IWB (w/o a holster too
):eek:

JohnR
09-18-2015, 11:52 AM
It's all relative; plenty of people carry Commanders with no complaint, so its size is good for carry. The CT9 compares quite favorably, no doubt.

I happened to make a life-size paper cutout of a CT9 since I'm considering getting one. Here it is on top of my Colt Commander, and my CM9's width next to the Colt.

Also factor in that the CT9 weighs about 1/3 less than a Commander, and it's really a huge difference.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12971&stc=1http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12972&stc=1

yqtszhj
09-18-2015, 06:59 PM
You must have the 4 1/2 inch commander. I have an import 4 1/4 inch.

But most important...... buy a ct9 NOW! ;)

Second Try
11-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Picked up my CT9 this past Friday. Cleaned it following the info here and have shot 150 rounds flawlessly.

jocko
11-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Picked up my CT9 this past Friday. Cleaned it following the info here and have shot 150 rounds flawlessly.

nice report, that is a very nice gun, I never see one around here, never. Gander Mt, or academy sports don't know what they are missing. When I ask the clowns in Gander if they have any kahrs, they say, no we only sell guns. Just sayin

those peole should be vetted no different than the sh!theds coming into our cuntry. They can be dangerous.

Second Try
11-19-2015, 04:54 PM
nice report, that is a very nice gun, I never see one around here, never. Gander Mt, or academy sports don't know what they are missing. When I ask the clowns in Gander if they have any kahrs, they say, no we only sell guns. Just sayin

those peole should be vetted no different than the sh!theds coming into our cuntry. They can be dangerous.

That's odd. I saw my first Kahr ever, a CW9, at Gander Mountain a month or so ago. I liked it but it seemed too petite for my big paws. About two weeks ago I saw the CT9 in my LGS When I picked it up, it fit like a glove! Bought it immediately. One question I have is do I need to disassemble it and clean it after 50 rounds or so, or is a patch through the barrel and a wipe down sufficient?

yqtszhj
11-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Most folks would say clean it. I would say if you're going to carry it for self defense or not going to shoot it again in the next week or so clean it up good. If youre going to put it in the closet and then go shoot another 50 next week it can wait.

Generally I at least take mine apart and wipe it down good and re-oil it. Doesn't take too long and I know its good to go.

Armybrat
11-20-2015, 09:13 AM

Some of those guys wouldn't know what a Chicago typewriter is either.

jocko
11-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Some of those guys wouldn't know what a Chicago typewriter is either.

I use one of those every time I post on thius forum. Just sayin

jocko
11-21-2015, 01:09 PM
That's odd. I saw my first Kahr ever, a CW9, at Gander Mountain a month or so ago. I liked it but it seemed too petite for my big paws. About two weeks ago I saw the CT9 in my LGS When I picked it up, it fit like a glove! Bought it immediately. One question I have is do I need to disassemble it and clean it after 50 rounds or so, or is a patch through the barrel and a wipe down sufficient?

why not follow the thread. Propper prepping of your kahr, Most is not needed but again u get to know ur weapon before that first bang ever happens and u might just be surprised as some of the maching sh\!t left in the upper slide. Not rocdket science and again if ur gonna shoot it, and carry it, then ge tto know it first. Just sayin.