PDA

View Full Version : After Kahr Break In

Crs_copenhagen
05-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Nothing but great things. After 200 rounds the gun felt great, ran pretty good, I had 1 FTE and 1 FTF but I'm sure I limp wristed it. However one thing that I am slightly concerned about is after I eject a full magazine with one round chambered and rack the slide the chambered ground gets hung up on the barrel as it tries to eject. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Alfonse
05-19-2015, 11:15 PM
With the mag out, the round usually drops out the magwell. With no mag there is no spring to eject it out the top.

b4uqzme
05-20-2015, 04:15 AM
It's a CM45 right? Some have had to mod the barrel hood a tiny bit...including me. Here's a thread with a link to some good pictures if you want to try this yourself. It was pretty easy. Or you can send it to kahr.

. http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?26184-Kahr-CM45-WILL-NOT-EXTRACT-UN-FIRED-ROUND-FIXED&highlight=Cm45+barrel

There are other threads about this if you search. This was the first one I found. This poster also modified the slide a little which probably wasn't necessary.

marshal kane
05-20-2015, 07:47 AM
. . . one thing that I am slightly concerned about is after I eject a full magazine with one round chambered and rack the slide the chambered ground gets hung up on the barrel as it tries to eject. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be welcome.
Try racking the slide back faster. The extractor is supposed to hold the cartridge rim against the breech face as the slide travels back until the cartridge strikes the ejector pushing the cartridge out of the ejector port. If you don't rack the slide with enough force or the cartridge rim position shifts as you rack the slide, the ejector hits it at a different spot and the angle of ejection is changed possibly resulting in it being hung up.

marshal kane
05-20-2015, 08:02 AM
With the mag out, the round usually drops out the magwell. With no mag there is no spring to eject it out the top.
Ejection on a Kahr comes from the cartridge or case striking the fixed ejector which strips it off the extractor and pushes it out of the ejection port as the slide is retracting. Neither the extractor spring nor the magazine follower spring is part of the ejection process. If the slide is racked with enough force, either a cartridge or case will be ejected through the ejection port whether a magazine is present in the magazine well or not.

berettabone
05-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Tip it sideways.......................................... .......................................

muggsy
05-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Best answer award goes to b4uqzme. Good job.

SmokyT
05-21-2015, 01:53 PM
My PM9 and P380 simply drop the empty shell in the magazine well if you fire a round with the magazine out....

Alfonse
05-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Yeah, gravity is an amazing thing.

Crs_copenhagen
05-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Kind want to avoid a negligent discharge...https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/avoiding-the-negligent-discharge/

If the gun cannot be safely unloaded after a round has been chambered then to it is a liability and should be repaired

b4uqzme
05-21-2015, 06:32 PM
^^^ correct.

muggsy
05-25-2015, 07:31 AM
You could try finding a round that will eject. The Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense rounds won't give you that problem.

palabman
05-25-2015, 08:34 AM
My CM45 has the same issue with some ammo. Ball will not eject. I did the barrel hood mod and lightly rounded the inside corner edge of the ejection port. Speer Gold Dot and Hornady Critical Defense will eject fine. My Golden Sabers still need a little help. I can seat my reloads deep enough that it isn't an issue.