PDA

View Full Version : now he's thinking

marcinstl
05-25-2015, 06:17 AM
here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjaPIPG0_s the guy gets his wake up call, now he's thinking, guy needs more training.

muggsy
05-25-2015, 07:23 AM
I guess he's never heard of a spare mag or second gun. I doubt seriously that he would go up against six if he was carrying an UZI.

b4uqzme
05-25-2015, 08:02 AM
We all determine our acceptable level of compromise. This point has been argued to death and will never be resolved because it's a personal decision...as it should be.

marcinstl
05-25-2015, 08:45 AM
this is the typical, average young guy learning about life and making decisions? if he gets a CCW class under his belt, he'll have a carry permit and maybe a card in his wallet for a decent defense lawyer. thousands of rounds latter this guy might be a shooter. maybe this experience was what was needed to get him into thinking about strategy and being aware of his surroundings. (going from a single stack to a big double stack is reality based or just an excuse to buy another gun? girlfriend would rather have a bigger ring?)
good luck, be safe.

SlowBurn
05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
We all determine our acceptable level of compromise. This point has been argued to death and will never be resolved because it's a personal decision...as it should be.

+1. Know yourself. For example I'm very satisfied with my G17; great gun, easy to handle, great capacity. It stays in the vehicle, but routinely to carry concealed? Not happening. Now micro 380s have come out, I carry everywhere and hardly think about it. And some people have found them useful in shtf situations.

ripley16
05-25-2015, 10:45 AM
We all determine our acceptable level of compromise.

Yes.

The young man has succumbed to the dreaded "scenario mentality". "What if this, that or so many?" I doubt he will ever feel protected enough. There will always be a open spot in his armor.

The fact is; every civilian defensive use of a firearm last only seconds, involves a couple rounds and either succeeds or fails in those few seconds. Neither magazine capacity nor reloading are factors in any but scenario game playing. If one is willing to carry a gun, the person should be proficient and opt for a trustworthy tool. All other gun related discussion is fluff for spare time amusement. He'll learn that one day... maybe.