PDA

View Full Version : New forum project and invite

johnh
06-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Gang,

I have been working with JustinN on a new forum project that some of you might be interested in. A few months ago I was contacted by Jonathan Owen from the SHWAT.com web site (http://shwat.com) about setting up a forum for their readers as part of their content transition. SHWAT has been Special Hogs Weapons and Tactics for many years, covering all aspects of hog hunting using modern firearms and gear. It is a great site with many interesting reviews, both print and video. Jonathan and I go way back from working together with Mark Craighead, founder of Crossbreed Holsters on his various online projects. SHWAT is now Special Hunting Weapons and Tactics, with an expanded emphasis on all topics related to hunting any type of game with modern guns and gear. Along with this change the SHWAT Forum (http://forum.shwat.com) is live and open for registration. Our hope is that this will become a go-to place for anyone interested SHWAT's content. Please drop in and join the forum if you are at all interested. We will be having some giveways in the very near future for members who join early, including high quality gear from various sponsors. I wanted members here to have a heads up so they can get in the door early. I don't know what all we will be offering as promo items but I am betting it will be stuff you like.

Thanks and hope to see you at both my online homes!

John

mr surveyor
06-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll take a look at it myself

jd

Bawanna
06-04-2015, 10:24 AM
I just signed up myself. Looks like some good stuff.

johnh
06-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Glad to have you Colonel! :)

Bawanna
06-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Now I find I signed up for the newsletter. I tried to sign up on the forum but it's giving me a hard time.

I'll try again in a bit, I will prevail, I have no doubt.

muggsy
06-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Why should the Forum be the only thing that doesn't give you a hard time. :)

Bawanna
06-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Ain't that the truth.

mr surveyor
06-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I just don't care to join a forum that insists on tracking or asking for any personal info ..... but when I have the time to read all the fine print, I'll take a look at it

jd

Bawanna
06-04-2015, 03:53 PM
I think we're ok mr surveyor, not different than this site and JohnH is running it. Trusted him this long without any ill effects, I gotta believe we're ok.

I'm still feeling my way around but appears to be some interesting stuff and potential for more interesting stuff.
And your in prime country to utilize a lot of the discussions too, far more so than I,

b4uqzme
06-04-2015, 04:15 PM
I lurked a little. I'm not a hunter but that stuff still interests me. I liked the article on stalking. Sitting in a tree stand or blind doesn't appeal to me but flushing birds could be a good thing. Maybe there will be some shotgun articles...

Thanks for the invite John.