PDA

View Full Version : Ct 380

greg_r
06-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Going to pick up my CT380 this week, excited! My birthday present. Hope I like it as I think I will.

Will get the CW45 for father's day. Going to be a good month!

ctcw
06-12-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've put 100 rds. through mine and it's a smooth shooter. Had a few hiccups at first, but it appears to be part of the break-in process.

yqtszhj
06-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Going to pick up my CT380 this week, excited! My birthday present. Hope I like it as I think I will.

The cw45 is a very nice gun. You'll like it too.

jocko
06-12-2015, 09:27 AM

do the PROPPER PREP ON THE GUN BEFORE shooting that first round. . Ur first event willbe far more successful if u prep the gun before taking it out of the box and directly to the range. Just sayin U also get to know ur little gun better to..Don't assume that kahr did everything right. check it out before u go. We haver seen mag springs in backwards, crapola stillin the striker channel. Feed ramp that could use a tad more polish, chamber could also use a tad more polishishg.
these are all things THATU CAN DO. Alot of this fmj over the counter ammo is a tad underpowered compared to defense ammo which is hot by desigh. So if u fail to get sme last round slide locking open, in the first 200 rouds, just forget abouot it, . to ,convince yourself that nuttin is wrong have a box of defense ammo and try a mag in it and my bet is the slide will lock open every time on the last roundIt ain't a target gun, it ain';t a machine gun, shoot close.. Nice gun, u will like it alot..

Armybrat
06-13-2015, 07:39 AM
What everybody else said. But you'll need to rack the Ct's slide several hundred times to loosen up - it's a tight little bugger.

The CT380 ran the Remington fmj & Hornady Critical Defense ammo very smoothly. It didn't like the WWB at all.

My CW45 - EDC for winter, and CT380 for warm weather:
(hope the pic is right side up)

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/1b225a4423d49188b3c0abff8cc04c154518841.jpg

greg_r
06-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I have been racking it nearly every night trying to loosen it up. I hear they don't like flat nosed bullets. Hope it does, got a bunch of Lee 95 grain flat points loaded up.

Higgy Baby
06-13-2015, 05:46 PM
I have the CT 380 mine had some stumbles to begin with. A few ftf and a lot of slide locks. I had to trim the slide release lever a bit to prevent premature slide locks- but since it has run well.
Its a good shooter. I carry it nearly every day.

ulflyer
08-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I have been racking it nearly every night trying to loosen it up. I hear they don't like flat nosed bullets. Hope it does, got a bunch of Lee 95 grain flat points loaded up.

Shouldn't be any problem. I shoot my reloads of 100gr flat points thru my CW380 with no issues, as well as Hornady XTP HP bullets that I load full charge for carry purposes.

jocko
08-03-2015, 04:06 PM

Ifit was I, I would shoot he gtun with fmj new ammo to test for rleiability. then go to your reloads and see how they do. if u go directly to your reloads and get issues, ,, then is it the gun or ur loads. eliminate the variable during ur break in procedure It poutta shoot flat nosed ammo but IMO it would not be my choice for this sall ass gun. i PREFERRED CORBOPN POWERBALL FOR defense. it was +P and the round nose just made it so much more reliable. I would definitley repolish that feed ramp and inside the chamber before shooting the tun. It might look great but u can even do better IMO...