PDA

View Full Version : New CT380, a little help please

greg_r
06-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Just picked up my CT380. The owvers manual states under Checking Safety Devices With the Slide removed and the Barrel dismantled, the Striker is drawn back manually about 1/4 inch and then eased forward again. The tip of the Striker must not project beyond the breech face of the Slide.

Mine does not do that. But with the gun assembled and after dry firing the Striker will project beyond the breech face. If I then rack the slide and do not dry fire, the Striker will not project beyond the breech face.

Do I have a problem?

Bawanna
06-09-2015, 06:23 PM
No, not a problem at all. When you dry fire your getting past the drop safety as it should.

With the slide off you can depress the drop safety plunger and push the striker forward so it would protrude, if you pull it back it should not move back forward unless you push the plunger down again.

Your good to go.

greg_r
06-09-2015, 06:35 PM
No, not a problem at all. When you dry fire your getting past the drop safety as it should.

With the slide off you can depress the drop safety plunger and push the striker forward so it would protrude, if you pull it back it should not move back forward unless you push the plunger down again.

Your good to go.
Thanks!

Armybrat
06-10-2015, 10:10 AM
My CT380 is my EDC - a really neat little pistol.

Higgy Baby
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Yep- thats why I bought one.
Mine had a stumbling start....lots of ftf (feed) and premature slide locks....but once straightened out- its a fine shooter for a pocket gun. I have actually carried it in an OWB holster.
Its an easy carry no doubt.