PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Gen 2 release date?

GA_Sheepdog
06-11-2015, 06:27 AM
When is the kahr gen 2 actually going to be introduced? I remember looking at the kahr website and it saying spring 2015, then summer 2015 and now I see it saying fall of 2015. What's the reason for the dates being pushed back? Do you think it has something to do with the Glock 43 coming out?

hardluk1
06-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Gluck 43 . really . cw9 sized gluck has little to do with anything GEN 2 except to other gluck lovers . Release date ! Like almost everything today the promotion of a product is put forth far ahead of the end product and never meets the first release date . Hang in there .

Higgy Baby
06-11-2015, 07:55 AM
.....gluck lovers...

Thats not what I call them.

TimtheRef
06-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Not a huge fan of the new trigger design, but the new G2 TP9 with ported barrel and electronic dot sight that was on display at NRA convention looked awesome! Would be a very good competition pistol.

thefirearmguy
06-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Its looking like mid August to early September.

GA_Sheepdog
06-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Its looking like mid August to early September.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm not really interested in the TP9 or the competition looking ones. I'd like to see a comparison between the Gen 2 P9 vs the glock 43.

Bawanna
06-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I held a 43 the other day, one of the officers bought one.

Frankly I wasn't the least bit impressed. Just didn't feel good in hand to me. Officer loves it, course ask your neighbor how he likes his new 50,000 dollar pickup. What's he gonna say, piece of junk, I'll have it paid off in 15 years?

Higgy Baby
06-12-2015, 02:45 PM
"....Not a huge fan of the new trigger design....".

?. ? What about the new trigger?......how is it different?

GA_Sheepdog
06-12-2015, 03:28 PM
I held a 43 the other day, one of the officers bought one.

Frankly I wasn't the least bit impressed. Just didn't feel good in hand to me. Officer loves it, course ask your neighbor how he likes his new 50,000 dollar pickup. What's he gonna say, piece of junk, I'll have it paid off in 15 years?

I also also held one the other day. My Sgt recently bought one. I actually liked it and I liked the trigger as well. It wasn't as good as my 19 but it was still the same familiar glock trigger that I like. I'd have to shoot it back to back against a kahr to see which I preferred.

GA_Sheepdog
06-12-2015, 03:29 PM
?. ? What about the new trigger?......how is it different?

Its kinda like a glock trigger but not really. Just YouTube kahr gen 2 and you'll see.

Bawanna
06-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I also also held one the other day. My Sgt recently bought one. I actually liked it and I liked the trigger as well. It wasn't as good as my 19 but it was still the same familiar glock trigger that I like. I'd have to shoot it back to back against a kahr to see which I preferred.

Since he carries a G21 all the time for duty the 43 would be a natural transition and probably why he liked it better than I did.
I didn't even really try the trigger. For a backup to a Glock duty or carry gun it might be a good option.
I've very little info on the Gen2 Kahr so can't really make a comparison till I find one to play with.

I tell myself I'm all set with a 1911 on hip and PM45 on ankle but we all know how long that usually last.

hardluk1
06-12-2015, 04:29 PM
I cansee a guy buying a gluck 43 if they all ready like other glucks other wise the cw9 will do nicely and the shield will still do for others . I never could under stand mixing grip angles ot trigger types for carry guns . I'm hoping the gen2 trigger is more like my p320 than some other striker . It looks like it has a nice wall that can be preloaded from videos . Striker spring can always be changed for another pound off the pull weight .

GA_Sheepdog
06-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Since he carries a G21 all the time for duty the 43 would be a natural transition and probably why he liked it better than I did.
I didn't even really try the trigger. For a backup to a Glock duty or carry gun it might be a good option.
I've very little info on the Gen2 Kahr so can't really make a comparison till I find one to play with.

I tell myself I'm all set with a 1911 on hip and PM45 on ankle but we all know how long that usually last.

I carry a glock 21 on duty and usually carry a glock 19 when weather and clothing permit. Since summer has hit I've been exclusively carrying my cw380 in my pocket. I like both kahr and glock. They perform and function similar other then the trigger. I think I'll hold off on purchasing a 43 and see how the gen 2 p9 stacks up. Although I can guarantee the kahr will cost double of a blue labeled 43.

CPTKILLER
06-13-2015, 09:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSalepmWio