PDA

View Full Version : Dirty pictures

yqtszhj
06-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Well, dirtied up the Kahrs today. Just what did you think you were going to see?

I got the CT9 for a early fathers day present to myself so I took it out today along with the CW45 that got back from Kahr for the short front rail issue.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o706/yqtszhj/20150615_203806_zpsrs8pon56.jpg

The CT9 ran great. 150 rounds and the only problem i had was with a older mag that i had modified the follower and spring on causing one round to nosedive. All other 149 rounds went bang first time. Its a smooth shooter and i think this one is going to go into the carry rotation. I limp wristed the ct9 to try and get it to malfunction but it fed and fired every time with no problem. Even better i got an email from kahr that my free mag shipped today. One business day from registering online to ship.
After the 150 rounds of 9mm I pulled out the CW45 to try out the new frame. All 50 rounds fed and shot fine. The .45 is still the one I shoot best because the natural POA is just like pointing with the finger. Turnaround time for repair on the .45 was 9 days including shipping.

Now if it wouldn't have been 94 degrees outside it would have been perfect.

muggsy
06-15-2015, 09:55 PM
When you said dirty pictures I almost got an erection, or at my age a resurrection. :) Glad yer happy.

Bawanna
06-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Sounds close to perfect anyhow. Been plumb hot around these parts too.

I'd like to fondle one of them CT one of these days. Never seen one in person. Looks good. Plenty of grip for sure.

yqtszhj
06-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Actually the CT9 using the flat metal baseplate on the mag is real nice since the gun provides a full grip anyway. Its kinda like using the 1911 mags in the 45.

I think next time I'm going to put the Hogue grip with the palm swell on the ct9 and see if the slight added thickness will provide the same natural POA as the cw45. If so that will be REAL NICE.

It was funny though, shooting through 150 rounds of 9mm, then loading up the .45. After the first shot you realize you had better hold onto the .45 a little better than the 9. I probably looked like one of those non-gun babes on YouTube shooting for the first time and the gun almost hitting them in the head.

Dbholfo
06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
If I start with my Neos I definitely have a mental and muscular adjustment to either of my .45s. If I start with my P345 there's a slight adjustment for the PM45 but they both have a smooth recoil.

yqtszhj
06-16-2015, 02:40 PM
If I start with my Neos I definitely have a mental and muscular adjustment to either of my .45s...

I would bet so.