PDA

View Full Version : Central California checking in.

Bobshouse
06-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Long time lurker, short time member. Worked for the Bureau of Prisons in Lompoc for 27 years, retiring at age 50. Got bored of staying at home and currently manage a local Rod & Gun Club here on the Central Coast. Found this site when I was looking for/doing research on the ultra compacts. As I find myself getting a little older, the back is starting to go, and I needed a lighter set up to carry than my G30SF, 45acp.

I received notice that the Ruger LC380 was placed back on the California roster, and jumped at it before I looked. I wanted the Ruger LCP380,not the LC380. Luckily, a member of the Club purchased it before I got stuck with the bill.

Just a heads up to all the California gun owners out there. No new "approved" firearms will be placed on the roster unless they are "microstamped", a technology that the California government says exists, while the firearm manufacturers say it doesn't. Almost all, if not all firearms on the "approved" list will expire in January 2016. So get yours before you cant! Really nothing to worry about as the world will be destroyed by a asteroid on September 25, 2015...look it up on youtube :der:.

That's why I was surprised to see the LC380 hit the roster as Ruger and Smith & Wesson had previously said no more guns to California.

Well, to make a long story short, I found something the size of a LCP that was still on the list, a Kahr P380.

Ya'll really had me panicking with all the reports of jams, misfires. But luckily, I got a good one (so far).

Great board here, lots of valuable information.

Bob

Bawanna
06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Welcome aboard Bob. Glad you found us.

You might want to relocate before the fault line separates and California falls into the ocean, suppose to be a movie about it.
With all the liberals on the one side, there's no way it's gonna float and become an island, it'll capsize for sure, Britney Spears hair will get wet and it's all down hill from there.

Exiledviking
06-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Welcome, Bob! I too really enjoy my Kahr. This "Safe Handgun Roster" is getting out of control.
Good to see you here. I shoot the bowling pin match at your club every 2-3 months as work allows.

berettabone
06-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Welcome........................you have my condolences as far as where you live:)