PDA

View Full Version : Thinning the herd

getsome
07-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Darwin was right but at least this guy went out with a bang....:rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/07/05/us/ap-us-fireworks-fatality-maine.html#

wyntrout
07-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Dang! I thought maybe you were getting rid of some guns! :D

Yeah, you can't fix stupid.

I was thinking about trying to build a firecracker for the 4th and then for Sunday, but never got past thinking about it. All I have for powder are some .45 ACP rounds that need destruction and I didn't want to build a pipe bomb the get the pressure containment needed. Thankfully, I never got around to fooling with that project. :)

Wynn:Amflag2:

Well, there's still the 14th... Bastille Day! I guess that I'll settle for a nice inexpensive Bordeaux... my usual dinner drink. :)

JohnR
07-07-2015, 11:34 AM
I keep thinking about getting some .38sp blanks to fire into the air one of these July 4ths, probably will never get around to it. Sure as heck I'll be the one to get visited by the police, while the hundreds of others in town blasting fireworks at 1am get a free pass.

skiflydive
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
I can see it now. Everyone will have to recite Newton's 3rd law before they can buy fireworks. OTOH, fireworks appear to be pretty decent gene pool bleach.

b4uqzme
07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
It's usually the drinking that's most dangerous. Fireworks are just the tool. :rolleyes:

getsome
07-07-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the last words out of his mouth before he lit the fuse that blew his head off was, Hey ya'll hold my beer and watch this.........BOOM!!!

b4uqzme
07-07-2015, 03:36 PM
^^^^ He put his beer down? Now I'm disappointed. :cool:

ltxi
07-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I shot myself in the chest with a rather large roman candle once, circa 20 years back, at a family reunion. I'd kinda been drinking and pointed the wrong end at the sky. I've never been allowed forget that...as it should be of course...but family now be distracted by this guy, their new hero. 'Cept a favorite niece who posted on my sister's Facebook page she's assumed I'd changed my name and moved to Maine.

340pd
07-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Fireworks are just the tool. :rolleyes:

No, the "tool" was the guy who put it on his head.

BTW, the guys mother is now lobbying the city to repeal the legalization of fireworks law.

Perhaps it would be better to outlaw cups that hold beer.