PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr owner from Idaho

shadow106
07-11-2015, 11:52 PM
I have been handgunning for over fifty years, and I've been quite serious about it, except where other family expenses got in the way. I retired in 2007 and since then, I've driven my wife of three years crazy with working gunshops, shooting, and generally hangin' with a gun community in our area.

Awhile back, I purchased a CW45 (bronze slide) after years of seeing other people and co-woirkers carrying them for CC or on duty backup. Why it took me this long to try a Kahr for myself, I have no idea. But the point is, I finally bought one.

I was a bit taken back that Kahr only issues one magazine with a new gun, but I don't make their marketing policy. I bought an extra mag with the gun, and later that same day I ran into a LNIB Kahr mag at a favorite LGS, and bought it for $20. A few days later, someone made me aware of the "get a free mag with a new gun purchase" from Kahr. Last Thursday night, around 11:30pm, I sent the necessary documents via email to Kahr. The following morning, I received a notice that the mag had been shipped. I live 60 miles north of Boise, and when I got back from the city on Thursday, the mag was in my mailbox.

In 52 years of dealing with freebies, rebates, discounts by mail, and all the rest, it has never taken less than 2 months for ANY manufacturer to come through with whatever they were offering, and in a few cases it was up to half a year before the goody showed up. To say I'm impressed with this deal from Kahr would be a gross understatement.

The pistol shoots great, and I'm approaching their suggested 'break in' of 200 rounds. I carry Hornady Critical Duty or Critical Defense in most of my CC weapons, but the Kahr's tight tolerances don't seem to appreciate those rounds. Gold Dots, however, have given me not one malfunction so far, so thats probably gonna be my carry load.

So I'm pleased with my pistol, pleased with the guys that made it, and pleased to be in here with good people I can learn from. I guess its been a good month.

yqtszhj
07-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I shoot my cw45 better than most every other handgun I own. It just fits the hand really well.

addictedhealer
07-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Congrats!

I only use gold dot short barrel +p in my cw9.

-Adam.

b4uqzme
07-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome!

Ronni3_J
07-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Welcome! I too got the free magazine really fast and couldn't be happier. I'm running Federal HST +Ps for my daily carry amo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho_Villa
07-13-2015, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the pistola and welcome to the forum.

Dbholfo
07-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of helpful advice here.