PDA

View Full Version : Night sights or Kahr sights??

border bandit32
09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok dudes, I have meprolights on all my Glocks, I really disliked the plastic cheap looking Glock factory sights!

However I have the PM9 9093 with Kahr's regular sights and I really like them, I can't decide to keep the regular sights or have Kahr install some meps......hmmmm decisions decisions????:(

Kahrdog
09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I have the Meprolight sights on mine and really like them. It came that way from the factory, but if I had my druthers, I probably would have ordered the XS Big Dot Tritium Setup. They cost twice as much, but it seems like it might be just the ticket with that big honkin' front sight if you were in a firefight with a moving, shooting bad guy. The three dot Mepro might be a little more precise if you have the time to line it up. It's also very sturdy looking.

Both types are on the Kahrsop site, and I doubt you could go wrong with either one. Keep us posted.

Kahrdog

Cappy
09-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Ok dudes, I have meprolights on all my Glocks, I really disliked the plastic cheap looking Glock factory sights!

However I have the PM9 9093 with Kahr's regular sights and I really like them, I can't decide to keep the regular sights or have Kahr install some meps......hmmmm decisions decisions????:(

I wish I could give you an opinion here, but I buy the factory sites and install the Crimson Trace for my old eyes. Even with the big dot, I would have a heck of a time seeing the sights while looking at the target. :o

WacoKahr
09-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I have a P-40 with Trijicon sights and they work very well.
Will get a new set of Trijicon sights for my Glock 23 next week.

Ratmando73
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I use the XS Big Dot Tritium sites on my 40's. All installed by my gunsmith.

cineski
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Personally, I wish ALL my pistols could have Kahr style standard sights. I love them. I didn't realize how much I hate the 3 dot sights until I had these.

WVleo
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I thought it was just Me because i was going to get Kahr to put a set of night sights on My PM9, but i just really like shooting with the Kahr stock sights........WVleo

adamsgeneral
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
that's a choice only you can decide, night sights are a great addition to any defensive handgun, but if you like the factory ones, save your money.:rolleyes:

i use them all the time. the p.d. trains alot at night. MUCH easier to see when you pull that gun up in low light situations

Dietrich
12-09-2009, 04:35 AM
I just had a set of Meprolights installed and I`m pleased that I did it. I never did really get used to the "dot the eye" thing probably because I`ve always had a three dot setup.I seem to be able to aquire the target better with these sights and they are definately better in low light situations.As with most things in life,the choice is yours.