PDA

View Full Version : New CM45

derek.quinn.102
08-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Just bought a new CM45 and so far I really like it!
I would like to replace the sights however with night sights but none are offered for this pistol yet anyone know why the CW45 sights offered won't work on the CM?

gb6491
08-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Just bought a new CM45 and so far I really like it!
I would like to replace the sights however with night sights but none are offered for this pistol yet anyone know why the CW45 sights offered won't work on the CM?
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?26458-CM-45-Night-Sights&p=335699#post335699

I contacted Kahr last night about why the Trijicons will not fit the CM45, and any availability of some that do fit. I thought other CM45 owners would like to know what I found out.
Here is the response;

Good morning. Thank you for the question. The sight channels are larger on the CM45 and the Trijicon sights to do not fit properly. We have no estimated time for any night sights at this point. If/when they are available in the future, we will have an announcement on the website. I hope this information helps and I apologize for any inconvenience.

I ask for more specific info and this is the response;

Good morning. The rear sight is the same channel but the front sight pegs are larger. The CM45 is the largest small pistol we offer and the pegs needed to be made larger to retain the sight for recoil. I hope this information helps.

So with that info I would not hold my breath in hopes of getting ANY aftermarket sights that will fit the CM45 front sight holes any time soon. As it now appears they made this one model Kahr a bastard size. :(
A sight maker would have to make one specific front sight for the CM45 only. You could double check with Dawson, but my guess is they don't even know the CM45 has different size pins. Maybe Kahr will at least have a Trijicon front made to fit the CM45, but again I'm not holding my breath.
Another option, have a front dovetail cut.

Welcome to the forums!
Regards,
Greg

derek.quinn.102
08-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Thank you I figured it had to be something like that.
I wonder however how much cost cutting is being done with post mount sight as compared to dovetail

CJB
08-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Well, you could always get the slide dovetailed......

Sorta eats away at the CM-45 financial experience tho