PDA

View Full Version : times are changing

knkali
08-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Think going to a Regal theater is off my list from now on.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/regal-cinemas-institutes-bag-checks-theater-attacks-210809496.html

TheTman
08-20-2015, 10:43 AM
I never go unarmed into the theatre. Just in case. I rarely go to the movies anymore unless I have a daddy-daughter day where we do lunch and a movie.

b4uqzme
08-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Red Box, Netflix, etc. There is no need for movie theaters anymore. I went to a concert a few weeks ago and they wanded everybody. "What's that in your front pocket?" they asked. "Cell phone." was my reply. But it could have been anything. I doubt I'll be risking that ever again. Basically anyone who asks me to disarm is asking me to stay away from their business. I'm OK with that. It's a free country.

JohnR
08-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Basically anyone who asks me to disarm is asking me to stay away from their business. I'm OK with that. It's a free country.
:Amflag2:

muggsy
08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
A big ado about nothing.

O'Dell
08-20-2015, 03:06 PM
I guess it's fair to say I'm not a movie buff since I haven't been in a movie theater in 18-20 years and I've never rented a movie. However, I did watch one on TV within the last couple of years. It was "The Gallant Hours" with James Cagney. It did disappoint me near the end when they included the shoot-down of Yamamoto in November, 1942 during the Battle of Guadalcanal, instead of on April 18, 1943 when it really happened.

SlowBurn
08-20-2015, 06:11 PM
To be honest I'm better with this than just declaring a gun free zone and doing nothing to enforce it. But its self-defeating. Will increase costs, and discourage customers in a business that's marginal already.

knkali
08-20-2015, 08:23 PM
To be honest I'm better with this than just declaring a gun free zone and doing nothing to enforce it. But its self-defeating. Will increase costs, and discourage customers in a business that's marginal already.

Bam

JohnR
08-21-2015, 06:20 AM
...Will increase costs...
Good point. Who will do the searches? The pimple-faced teenagers they hire to take tickets? Off-duty cops? The former would be a joke, the latter would double ticket prices.

What happens when they find a gun in grandma's purse? "No movie for you!" How about if it's in a thugette's purse? Then there'll be a riot.

Longitude Zero
08-21-2015, 07:36 AM
I haven't gone to see a movie in years. I just wait until it comes out on DVD.

berettabone
08-21-2015, 09:51 AM
When they come out with a movie worth watching, I may go................................................ ......haven't been to a movie theatre since 2001 A Space Odyessy. They're all the same movies hashed over again, and again, and.....................................

tom.p
08-21-2015, 02:08 PM
So...they're searching bags but no metal detectors? Does that mean I can still walk in with my gun IWB, as they search my wife's purse for a gun? I guess it would limit the crazies from bringing thousands of rounds of ammo in, that's about it....
If they're not going to do something to actually check if you have a gun, then they're just using this as an excuse to stop people from sneaking candy into the movies. I think that's a much bigger threat to their profits (and therefore a much bigger concern) than mass murderers.

Bawanna
08-21-2015, 02:42 PM
So...they're searching bags but no metal detectors? Does that mean I can still walk in with my gun IWB, as they search my wife's purse for a gun? I guess it would limit the crazies from bringing thousands of rounds of ammo in, that's about it....
If they're not going to do something to actually check if you have a gun, then they're just using this as an excuse to stop people from sneaking candy into the movies. I think that's a much bigger threat to their profits (and therefore a much bigger concern) than mass murderers.

Todays' Bingo right here.

I honestly at our event center and the Reno Rodeo thought that was what they were looking for, beverages and food. No signs anywhere about weapons etc.

At our event center they never check me in any way. Usually come and lead me to the front of the crowd if they see me, one plus to wheelchairs. Always check wife's purse etc.

Usually passed thru at the rodeo unchecked too except just the one time and they got worked up about a Leatherman tool. I just didn't want to get into the other stuff I was wearing. Silly.

tom.p
08-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Why thank you, Colonel. We all get used to thinking everyone's out to take our rights away. Truth is, most folks are just trying to get our money instead. I don't think movie theatres are concerned about our gun rights/lack thereof or public safety, just my wallet. But it makes a good excuse for them to try to stop people from sneaking in candy, we know how much damage that can cause...

Baklash
08-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Fifty years ago my buddy and I used to sneak cans of beer into the movies in our girlfriends' purses. The Ka Shooosh was unmistakable. Nowadays it's Maalox in our wifes' (same girls) purses.

berettabone
08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Why thank you, Colonel. We all get used to thinking everyone's out to take our rights away. Truth is, most folks are just trying to get our money instead. I don't think movie theatres are concerned about our gun rights/lack thereof or public safety, just my wallet. But it makes a good excuse for them to try to stop people from sneaking in candy, we know how much damage that can cause...

Ever get hit with a licorice Dot............................or a blowgun fired ju jube ? It can be devastating....................................

Pointblank
08-21-2015, 07:34 PM
The truth of it is, if a real bad guy does show up, the screener will be the first one blasted and then he'll go right in and do his dirty work.

Barth
08-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Movies? Guns?
I just don't know what your talking about???:rolleyes: