PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload an Image?

DavidWJ
08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
I've looked at the help and found the following.

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel (http://www.kahrtalk.com/usercp.php), and clicking on the 'Photos & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Eventually found the "User CP" link, but there is no "'Photos & Albums'" link on the page or any sub pages that I can find. Had initially tried to upload an image to a "Quick Reply", which didn't work, but I found a page that indicates images can't be added to "Quick Replies.".

Thank in advance for help on this.

David

b4uqzme
08-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Newbies can upload images after their 30th post. But you can link to a photobucket (or similar) acct via the toolbar right away.

Welcome. And get talkin'. I'm curious to see what you have to upload. ;)

wyntrout
08-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Checkout Photobucket. It's free and easy to use, then you can insert or paste full-resolution images just about anywhere instead of the lower res. supported here.

Wynn :)

DavidWJ
08-21-2015, 09:36 PM
10-4, will do!

Thank you.

DavidWJ
08-21-2015, 09:57 PM
testing

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/davidwj1/Teddy%20and%20a%20Big%20Mac%20sm_zps5yx8exgb.jpg

wyntrout
08-22-2015, 01:53 AM
It works! They give you tons of storage space and you can live without the "pro" version easily. I had that for a few years until for some reason they couldn't get paid by my credit card and dropped my membership to the regular free version.

I usually crop my photos before uploading them there, then cut and paste them wherever or use the insert picture icon in the toolbar above this window.

Bobshouse
08-22-2015, 09:12 AM
To use photobucket do you have to sign up with facebook? I can't seem to get past that requirement.

Bawanna
08-22-2015, 06:09 PM
I don't use Facebook, never ran into that hurdle when I signed up but that's been a long time ago. They have made some changes recently which don't appeal to me, I guess I don't like change in general, mostly due to the election two times back, but getting around doesn't seem to be as easy as it used to be.

Bobshouse
08-22-2015, 07:08 PM
I figured it out, the whole screen was a pop-up for facebook, closed it and made my account.

wyntrout
08-22-2015, 10:04 PM
It's easy to go to your library and create a new album below. Then choose that album and upload images to it. Click on an image to enlarge it and then you have options to the right for link to copy with a single click... or for most purposes you can just right click and copy the image, then paste it into a post somewhere else, like here in a thread.

It's better to keep batches of uploads in their own album, like folders in your Pictures on your computer.