PDA

View Full Version : New member/ new Kahr owner

josh171
08-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Thanks for adding me to the site. I recently purchased a Kahr CM9. Haven't had the time to put much through it yet. Hopefully next weekend I'll get a nice break in on it. Tutorials are pretty helpful so far. I'll soon be in the market for a higher capacity magazine and better sights, maybe the Williams Firesights in red or green. I have time to decide. So far pretty happy with the pistol. Hope to learn more about it, and possibly own a few more in a couple years.

b4uqzme
08-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Welcome. Look forward to your range report.

skiflydive
08-23-2015, 07:39 PM
You picked a great pistol. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I do mine.

Alfonse
08-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Congrats on the CM9 and welcome! The hot, dry weather around here has made it hard to shoot because of the fire danger. I guess danger might be understating it some, the ranges around here are near wildfire if not already burned or on fire. A little rain would help to get in some trigger time!

josh171
08-23-2015, 08:05 PM
I plan to get out this weekend weather permitting. It has been a pretty wet season so far, so I don't have to worry about the fire danger as much. I've only put less than 50 rounds through it, but so far it seems to be a good little shooter. I followed the prep steps posted in the forum so hopefully that helps the break in go a little smoother. I look forward to putting some rounds down range with it. I've always been partial to SA, so we will see how it like it.

Alfonse
08-23-2015, 08:07 PM
I love SA for the range! It took me awhile to get proficient with the Kahr trigger. I sure prefer it for a carry pistol. I could never bond with the dot the "i" sights, after a few thousand rounds, so I finally changed them to 3 dot. Most folks end up liking the factory sights though.

josh171
08-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I couldn't convince myself to carry a SA with the cocked and locked method, so I'll give this one a shot. We'll see how the sights go, doesn't look like a lot of options are available though.

JMag
08-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Great pistol, but I believe the Williams Firesights are only for the non-CW & non-CM Kahrs, sadly.

berettabone
08-26-2015, 12:57 PM
It's a point and shoot firearm.............................I still retain the dot the eye sights on my Kahr. No reason to change, it's not a range gun.

Baklash
08-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Welcome to a terrific forum. Congrats on the cm9. Love mine. I got comfortable with the "dot the i" sights pretty quickly. Considering the intended purpose for such a firearm you might want to try a Big Dot sight.

kwh
08-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Good choice. CM9 is perfect balance of size, concealment, power, and "safe" carry. Perfect pocket pistol.
I now prefer the dot the i sights and longer, smoother trigger pull compared to my other pistols. Did take a little getting used to though.
After each range session, I always shoot the Kahr to maintain "muscle memory" compared to triggers on my other pistols.

TheLastDaze
08-29-2015, 10:34 PM
congrats, you will love it I'm sure... as said earlier it does take some getting used to not only the sights but the trigger, coming from a glock platform it was a curve for sure.... I have about 1200 flawless rounds my pm9 without one hiccup..... haven't shot the gun in a long while so I need to remedy that, but its a great carry size no doubt but I've found myself carrying a p32 during the summer 24/7 even in pj's, just clip it on and go...

good luck