PDA

View Full Version : Trivia question for the day. Guess who turns 40 today?

RogerP9fan
07-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Give you a hint. He designed these pistols we love so much and founded a company called Kahr Arms.

wyntrout
07-17-2010, 02:52 AM
He's that young!? He was pretty young when he designed these guns. I know he was in college and kind of doodled with the design in class. He was a real "Kook"... Kook Jin "Justin" Moon.
Wynn:D

RogerP9fan
07-17-2010, 09:57 AM
That Kook sure is one genius in my book.... :D

wyntrout
07-17-2010, 10:12 AM
For sure! Genius can make itself known in many ways. I'm glad he focused on a more compact and concealable pistol. I got my first -- a K9 in March of '97, and finally got able to afford to add a few more this year. I'm still waiting on my original dream Kahr -- a K45, but now in DLC with night sights. There's a .40, but it's not what I want. I have enough calibers to feed now. My collection of .50 cal and 20mm ammos cans has gotten too big and it's a pain stacking and unstacking those heavy suckers... not to mention opening and closing them. I probably ought to gather up all of my milspec desiccant packs and stick them in the oven for SIXTEEN hours at the proper temperature to "recharge" them! I haven't seen any good deals on those at guns shows lately.
Oh, I found it real intriguing that he got a CCW permit at 18 and has had one since then... in NEW YORK!

Dietrich
07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I wonder if people thought that John Browning and Gaston Glock were kooks.It wouldn`t surprise me.Happy 40th, Justin.

wyntrout
07-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Gaston who?

Imagine a Leonardo da Vinci today... think what he could do with the technology and industry to support and build his ideas!

RogerP9fan
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Now there's an interesting thought.