PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and to pistols

Second Try
09-17-2015, 03:04 PM
I enjoy shooting my revolver but for CCW I think that it's time to get a pistol. Kahr has come highly recommended from a friend. So here I am liiking for some Kahr info.

Alfonse
09-17-2015, 03:36 PM
The search feature will be your friend! Welcome and hopefully you will find what you are looking for. It is a helpful bunch here if you have questions you can't find answers for with the search.

CJB
09-17-2015, 03:52 PM
First of all welcome!

Ought to let you know some forum stuff.

1. Jocko's keyboard has a spelling issue
2. The Colonel, Bawana, is a softie
3. I am an ass.
4 And we'll all try to help you till it f'n bleeds

I love my Kahr pistols. I feel they're one of the safest on the market by design - with the long smooth constant pressure trigger. I feel safe with one in my pocket

The Kahr is durable, accurate and trustworthy, but like any pistol, your own experience may vary. That is to say, some shooters never quite master their Kahr pistols and call them defective... sell them... and the new owner thinks they run 100 percent. Go figure!

Very small pistols and some shooters can have their quirks. Kahr is no exception

yqtszhj
09-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Welcome and everything CJB said is true. What caliber are you looking at?

Bawanna
09-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Bawanna's a softie, I think that's about the nicest thing anybody ever said about me, sniff, hand me a beach towel.

Your banned.

kwh
09-17-2015, 05:01 PM
If you like a double action trigger pulls, you will like the Kahrs. The CW45 seems the most sweet to me.

Second Try
09-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Looking for a 9mm. I have large hands and find my Gp100 match champion fits me well. Both 38 and 357 are a pleasure to shoot. It is just too big for me
to hide well. I am thinking that a CT 9 would work.

wyntrout
09-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the forum.

A CT9 or the CW/P9 are good. I like the P-series myself and mainly carry a P40... Mag-na-ported. The P-series are perfect for me... hand-filling enough, but you may prefer the longer gripped CT9. It's hard to beat the single-stacked Kahrs for concealability... and the trigger is great, too.

I prefer inside the waistband carry... IWB, and use the same CrossBreed Minituck for all of my larger Kahrs. I have one for the P380, too, but use an old, soft Uncle Mike's Sidekick with the P380 quite a bit. I can transfer it to the pocket if I have a Doctor's appointment.

Wynn :)