PDA

View Full Version : Shocked at poor quality Kahr slides at LGS

hsart
07-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I just returned from a local gun show here in SW Florida. There were about 25-30 various model Kahrs. I was shocked to see that several (at least 8 of them) had imperfections in both the black/DLC slides and the stainless steel slides, almost exactly like the P380 black slide I purchased on gunbroker about 4-5 weeks ago. Also several had very light rolling of both the "Kahr" letters and the model letters, much like wyntrout's problem PM45 slide. It became apparent to me that not all Kahr slides are created equal and one must inspect before purchasing.
I may send mine back to Kahr for inspection this coming week... Bob Holmes at Customer Service said he would look at it to see if it is out of spec and replace or repair if it was. Saga continues.

Dietrich
07-17-2010, 06:36 PM
It sounds as if the quality control department at Kahr has been lax to say the least.It`s a damned shame that things are getting this slipshod.Like most of the members of this forum,I am very happy and proud of my Kahr handguns.I have urged others to buy Kahrs many times but if they`re going to let this substandard work continue,I`m going to keep my mouth shut.It doesn`t take long for dissatisfied customers to make a lot of noise.Wake up Kahr.

johnh
07-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Kahr is on top of this, I am certain. I am confident that the good folks at Kahr will stand behind any issue found in their products.

John

RogerP9fan
07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for posting. I've been eagerly awaiting my first Kahr. I've never actually seen one in person before. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the P in P9 also stands for Perfect. I'm in SWFL too. I hate to speculate about things I don't really know, but here goes: Mabe the gun show folks get the "lesser quality guns" because of the lower prices? Hoping the public will just say, ehhh, good enough. I sure hope Budsgunshop.com doesn't operate like that. I'll soon see. I would be highly insulted to receive something like that after giving them hard earned good money.

Jim K
07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
The only way you'll know that you are not going to receive a "frankengun" or some pistol with appearance issues is to look at it before you buy it. I doubt that Khar does business this way but if there is a nagging doubt find a gun shop that stocks what you want. Don't special order firearms if you can avoid it. Travel if you have to.

I think that Kahr has good customer service. They'll take care of any issues you have with their product. I hope that their QC & QA programs negate any need for warranty work.

My P9 is a good pistol. Getting it to that condition is another story. Never had a cosmetic issue with it.

RogerP9fan
07-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Good advise Jim, however, I ordered my P9 from Budsgunshop.com as I've heard nothing but good things about them and they offer great prices. Couldn't find the P9 anywhere in the entire region I live in.
But, generally, I think your advise is right on target.

Bawanna
07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Good advise Jim, however, I ordered my P9 from Budsgunshop.com as I've heard nothing but good things about them and they offer great prices. Couldn't find the P9 anywhere in the entire region I live in.
But, generally, I think your advise is right on target.

You'll be just fine and dandy RogerP9fan. No worries. I've had nothing but good luck with Buds, bought 5 or 6 so far but they are kind of habit forming.
If, if, if, and it's highly unlikely you have issues there is zero doubt in my mind that Kahr will take care of it in a timely fashion. It's a nuisance and a sad thing to have to send a new baby back but it happens. I don't think it happens very often as many would suggest.
I'm proud to say I converted two shooters while on vacation to Kahrs. I'm pretty certain they are sold on the PM45 since I loaned them mine to try one day that they went to the range. In fact they were tryin to get reception on their lap top to look for a couple before they left for home.
I don't recommend stuff lightly to people especially people I like which is most people so a Kahr endorsement is a pretty serious thing.
Other than having a horrible time finding ammo they had no issues at all with my PM45, nothing bad, were pleased with the maneageable recoil and the whole package.
You'll be equally pleased with your P9, I have little doubt.
I didnt' know they had such a great range close to my vacation spot, next year I'm taking guns along with fishin poles.
I even shot a little trap, haven't shot for several years, got 23 out of 25 with a borrowed Remmy 1100. Thought sure I'd be embarassed but I got lucky I guess.

jocko
07-28-2010, 06:52 PM
glad ur back, my friend . Now clean up the fishing equipment and hang it up for awhile and get back to what you know best,,,,,= kahrs..

wyntrout
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey! Welcome back! Any luck... with fishing??:D

23 out of 25... Dang! Did you have someone hand-tossing those suckers up in front of you?? If you shot trap a lot, I would think that was not too bad.:D

My last outing with the PM45... my third since it got back, I only had 2 stove pipes with about 150 rounds fired... mixed ammo. Those were definitely "limp wristing" since there was a bit more muzzle rise and a bit of twist to the left, but I used to be able to shoot Boomer with a pretty loose grip and let the muzzle rise. I fired about 500 rounds in my three trips since its return.

It's good to hear from you again. We look forward to tales and pictures... "fish stories" and so forth.:D You DID do some fishing, right??:D

Wynn:yo:

Bawanna
07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Yup I caught lots of trout and bass. Great trip. I'll save the details for the August worthless thread so I don't hijack this one.
I missed you guys, just not good reception over there and so busy.